Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Not sure if this was mentioned at all in this thread. I used to have an issue where my Note 10 plus would disconnect it's bluetooth connection with my car radio around 3-5 minutes after connecting. I had to reconnect manually and it would fail the first 3 times or so. What seems to have fixed this issue for me is clearing all bluetooth memory from my sterio and reconnecting my phone to it. Haven't had an issue since. My sterio is a Pioneer. Hopefully this can help someone with similar issue
Also enjoying the S10+. But having the same Bluetooth issues with WiFi speakers. I've done what was suggested and even emptied the Bluetooth cashe but no better.
Let's hope Samsung have a solution.
did anyone try this ?
Refresh system cache
Android has a system cache it uses to load apps quickly. Sometimes, this cache may get corrupted or outdated after a system update or app installation. This can lead to minor bugs and performance issues. To ensure that your phone has good system cache, you can clear the cache partition. Don’t worry, this troubleshooting step will not delete your personal data like photos, videos, documents, etc. Once you’ve cleared the cache partition, your device will rebuild the system cache over time. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the green Android logo displays, release both keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- The Recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
- Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe cache partition.’
- Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear the cache.
- Wait for a second as the system wipes the cache.
- Press the Power button again to reboot the device. This will return the device to the normal interface.
- That’s it!
I just tried this on my Note10+ which has frequent bluetooth disconnection with my Jabra Elite 75t (once every 1 or 2 minutes) and seems to be working well now. for last 10 minutes, I didn't have a single disconnection.
I tried all the options in this thread and none of them worked. Just the clearing cache did the trick it seems.