JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10 Plus Bluetooth Disconnecting

(Topic created: 03-10-2019 08:14 PM)
NickyNick2020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.

62 Replies
userE4BBanxgnL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had the same problem with Samsung S10 plus. It disconnected Bluetooth connection with my BMW i328 . Annoyed. Car has no issue with my iPhone or Samsung S9+. What should I do? Please help. Thanks
0 Likes
user1Ds8qAkaHq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sam issue in my 2010 Ford Fusion and my 2017 Jaguar FPace. It will only stay connected to bluetooth if the phone screen is actively on. The moment the screen goes dark, bluetooth pauses. Also happens when connected to my bluetooth headphones. Samsung needs to fix this bug soon.
userzAQBIyjqXc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep, same exact problem with my 2019 F250. Will constantly connect and disconnect over and over.
userTtUO8tEwME
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Clearly Samsung has a problem with bluetooth in the latest model phones.  My note 10 will connect for 2-3 minutes and then disconnect.  Incredibly annoying and renders my phone useless in my car.  I am getting nowhere with AT&T, Samsung, and BMW.  It is a Samsung issue and requires a firmware upgrade on their part.

Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It was the same with my Jaguar XF.  It's not the car, it's the phone.  It's defaulted to sleep the phone in order to save battery power and that disconnects Bluetooth.  It wasn't like that on previous phone versions, but for some reason Samsung thought this was the way to go.  If you go into settings, then search for optimize battery.  From there Optimize battery usage and select All.  Scroll down to the Phone and turn those off (I have 3).  After I did that my phone remained connected to my car's BT.

Members_25YP2Ak
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

what do you mean by turning those 3 off?

0 Likes
useryebqv449GT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here with my 2013 Toyota.. Anyone figure out a fix?
0 Likes
Trippet
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's not the vehicle, it's the phone.  It's defaulted to sleep the phone in order to save battery power and that disconnects Bluetooth.  It wasn't like that on previous phone versions, but for some reason Samsung thought this was the way to go.  If you go into settings, then search for optimize battery.  From there Optimize battery usage and select All.  Scroll down to the Phone and turn those off (I have 3).  After I did that my phone remained connected to my car's BT.

userovxZ7MikJ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@NickyNick2020 wrote:

Loving my S10 Plus, but the bluetooth keeps stopping while connected to my car. As soon as I awaken the phone it will connect back. Didn't have this issue with my Note 9 or any other phone so I know it has to be an issue with the device.

I am having the same problem, and with my bluetooth speaker in my house and now I've just descovered with my plug in headphones! Music just cuts out randomly?! Hope this gets fixed immediately, real pain, never had this with my S8.