JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S10+ Text notification problem

(Topic created: 12-08-2021 06:09 AM)
userQ1QhUH7C91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I get a text the phone beeps.  Consequent texts in the same conversation do NOT give me audio notification sounds.  HOW do I make it so every single text that arrives makes a sound notification?

Samsung Messages Version 12.2.10.31

10 Replies
Solution
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you are in the text message app and looking at the text, it won't give you the sound
0 Likes
userQ1QhUH7C91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's TERRIBLE.  UNACCEPTABLE.  The programmers never heard of MULTITASKING? 

0 Likes
Gera1214
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It dosent do that you only get notified if you are not using the text app
0 Likes
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you're using the chat app and in conversation XX and get a new text in conversation XX, most apps won't send a Notification ... why? because you're there looking 🙂

If you're in conversation XXX and get a text for conversation YYY, yea, you'll get a Notification for YYY
0 Likes
userQ1QhUH7C91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am NOT looking; I'm going back to typing or working while I WAIT for the person to answer. 

You might have heard of the concept called MULTITASKING.

I'm not going to sit there like a moron staring at the screen waiting for a text answer when I could be doing something else, or when the person I'm texting with might be distracted AND MIGHT NOT ANSWER FOR FIVE TEN OR EVEN THIRTY MINUTES.

That's why you have an audio notification for consequent texts.

This is a design flaw that's so STUPID and frankly OFFENSIVE I really think someone deserves to be fired and I deserve an apology and an immediate fix.

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The phone doesn't know that you are multi tasking.
Also if you are multi tasking, why do you need Notification alert. After all, you are multi tasking. So it's your task to get back to your phone and check.
0 Likes
userQ1QhUH7C91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do NOT accept anything here as any kind of solution.  I am angry.

0 Likes
userQ1QhUH7C91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am completely unsatisfied with my product and with customer support.  Unacceptable.

0 Likes
userQ1QhUH7C91
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I PAID $1000 FOR THIS PHONE AND SAMSUNG WILLFULLY AND DELIBERATELY REMOVED A SIMPLE ALERT FUNCTION THAT FACILITATES MULTITASKING WITHOUT GIVING ME THE OPTION TO ENABLE.

THIS IS A DEAL-BREAKER FOR ME.  I'LL HAVE TO GET A REFUND FOR THIS USELESS PIECE OF GARBAGE IF I DON'T GET A FIX.

0 Likes