Original topic:

Galaxy S10e charger port fire/thermal event

(Topic created on: 1/30/21 11:55 PM)
userAXpatS1L19
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My son said he noticed an odd smell while charging his s10e. He then noticed smoke coming from the phones charger port. He unplugged it quickly and the USB c plug is blackened and the phone will no longer charge. It appears this has been a problem with some other phones. Please let me know how we can fix this. Thank you. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
usert3deTCtBle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It seems like you may need to replace the charging port. The problem is since the charging port is soldered to the motherboard, you'll need to go to an authorized repair store for Samsung such as UBreakIFix to desolder the charging port from the motherboard or to replace the motherboard. Based on what you've said, it seems to be a manufacture defect. However, the manufacture warranty only lasts for 1 year unless you pay for protection either through Samsung or a different provider. I strongly suggest you back up the data on the phone to the cloud before going to the repair store. Hope this helps!
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. I certainly understand your concerns and would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me with your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes