Original topic:

Galaxy S10e light bleed from normal camera but not wide angle

(Topic created: 07-19-2021 01:01 PM)
userj18z3E5gGc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a new (to me) S10e.  I have taken pairs of pictures around  my office, comparing the normal lens and the wide angle lens.  I moved the phone so that both sets of pictures were approximately the same view. In all cases, I am shooting from two or three feet distance.

The normal lens picture has major light bleed over the image and no vignette, the wide angle has ZERO light bleed and a lot of vignette.

In spite of the bleed, the normal lens pictures are much sharper. 

Taking pictures indoors OR outside, the pictures from the front AND rear cameras are all pretty crappy, no better than a 3MP Canon I had over fifteen years ago.

I have reset the phone – twice, tried safe mode, and tried all the camera settings.  There is NO place on this phone to delete cache for the (stock) camera app.

The phone is in an Otterbox Defender Pro case, I don’t think it has any magnets.

Is there a legitimate camera app I can get to make this thing work?

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It may help, it may not, but you can try this one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.camera
0 Likes
userj18z3E5gGc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So far, I have not found any app that shoots as good as the Samsung app. This includes  GCAM, which is supposed to be the Google Pixel app ported to Samsung.  Some of the other camera apps are really bad.  My daughter has an iPhone 12 Pro Max.  Her pictures are MUCH better than my Samsung – yet the cameras are the same 12MP resolution.

It has to be in software.  Some apps have a LOT of settings but Samsung has almost no settings choices.  I have even taken the RAW from the camera and run those through Photoshop.  The RAW are mediocre as well.

0 Likes