cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRJWukY8CvY
Constellation

Galaxy S5 Connects to xfinitywifi hotspot, but it doesn't work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now there is a chance that either side could have a problem, but I suspect it could be the update because this issue started last week and many other people say they have a similar problem after the update (on samsumg phones).

I believe the last day it worked was Tuesday, February 7. After that whenever I connect to the xfinitywifi hotspot hosted by xfinity routers (Used my own router to host)... it connects and takes a while to get the ip (About 15-25 seconds) it connects successfully, but when I go on to Youtube or Browser nothing loads and eventually says something is wrong with your internet connection. If anyone knows anything on how to fix this, I would appreciate it.

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S5

Baseband Version:

G900PVPS3CQA2

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userRJWukY8CvY
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S5 Connects to xfinitywifi hotspot, but it doesn't work.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I realized that my phone had nothing to do with the problem, sorry for any inconveniences. Cat Sad

It was something wrong with my internet. 

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By chance was this an update to the Xfinity WiFi itself, or your Samsung phone? Could you also let me know where you're reading about other folks having this same thing since the update, I'd love to take a look and gather as much information as I can for you on this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userRJWukY8CvY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I realized that my phone had nothing to do with the problem, sorry for any inconveniences. Cat Sad

It was something wrong with my internet. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No harm, no foul! Just happy to hear you were able to find what the root cause of this was. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.