Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kaida
Constellation

Galaxy S5 not receiving text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

About a week and a half ago my S5 stopped receiving texts, and it would sporadically send texts. Over the last couple of days all of the outgoing texts are being received, but I still am not getting any incoming texts.

I have cleared my cache, defaults, texts, etc. I have booted into Safe mode as well to see if it would work. I usually use GO SMS, but I don't get any texts with the default messaging program either. I have factory reset my phone also, and it didn't work.

I have pretty much tried everything I could find to do that matched my problem, and today I found a guide that said that if texts are going out, but not coming in then I need to get help.

My phone's specs are:

Carrier - Cricket Wireless

Model - SM-G900AZ

Baseband version - G900AZTUU3B0G3

Android version - 5.0

Build Number - LRX21T.G900AZTUU3B0G3

If any other information is needed please let me know.

I like to consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to my S5 and most android phones, so I usually know where to start to fix a problem, and can fix it fairly easy and fast. However, this is a problem that I have never had happen to me before. I would really love some help please.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S5 not receiving text messages

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userv7D4mKGUMC

This sounds like it might be a problem best suited for your carrier to fix. Anytime texts and calls both stop, it's often something carrier side that went wrong. Whether it's a problem with your account with them or their network, they would be the best point of contact in getting it fixed back up for you.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userv7D4mKGUMC

This sounds like it might be a problem best suited for your carrier to fix. Anytime texts and calls both stop, it's often something carrier side that went wrong. Whether it's a problem with your account with them or their network, they would be the best point of contact in getting it fixed back up for you.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Kaida
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. I thought since the other phones on our plan were fine it was a problem with mine.

userZOeyst
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the exact same problem for two people on my list and it was very annoying. I finally figured out the solution and it was to delete the contacts and reenter the information as new contacts and in both cases the problem was fully resolved. I don't know what caused the original problem but this definitely resolved the issue for me and hopefully this guide does help you fix Samsung not receiving messages.

Thanks and good luck!

user6vwt52EVCu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im nnt ale to get texts or send them don't now if I did something my mistake. But it's driving me crazy. All I do is text. Can I walk me thru this to hopefully fix it please an thank you or is there a number to call

usercANJRNWPOL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem although I have no problem with texts from my husband's phone and we are not on the same network. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercANJRNWPOL

What kind of troubleshooting have you tried for this?  Smiley Happy