Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pigdog
Asteroid

Galaxy S5 shutting down when fully charged

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S5 keeps shutting down even when fully charged.  The phone will not work unless it's on the charger.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S5 shutting down when fully charged

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately no, this is not the same feature. If you've given everything you can a try from the article, then repairs would be the next recommended step. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am enclosing an article with some troubleshooting steps. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002035 What is the current software version?

pigdog
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think it's MDF v1.1 Release 6

@SamsungRei wrote:

I am enclosing an article with some troubleshooting steps. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002035 What is the current software version?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to your Settings>About Phone, and I believe the software/Android version is located under Status.

pigdog
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Android version: 6.0.1

pigdog
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One of the steps in the link you provided (see below) says Disable Auto Restart.  However when I followed the steps I do not have a Backup and Restore option nor Auto Restart.  But I do have Backup and Reset and Auto Restore.  Should I disable Auto Restore?  Does it mean the same thing at Auto Restart?

Disable Auto Restart. 

1. Browse to Accounts > Backup and Restore, or Search for Auto Restart.
  2. Touch the switch to toggle Auto Restart.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately no, this is not the same feature. If you've given everything you can a try from the article, then repairs would be the next recommended step. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Dinu
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To be fair. I think it's too old, should look at new device

pigdog
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the phone 2 years ago from Verizon brand new.  To be fair, 2 years is not old.