JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S5 shutting down when fully charged

(Topic created on: 4/23/19 2:16 PM)
pigdog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Galaxy S5 keeps shutting down even when fully charged.  The phone will not work unless it's on the charger.  

8 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am enclosing an article with some troubleshooting steps. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002035 What is the current software version?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
pigdog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think it's MDF v1.1 Release 6

@SamsungRei wrote:

I am enclosing an article with some troubleshooting steps. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01002035 What is the current software version?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to your Settings>About Phone, and I believe the software/Android version is located under Status.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
pigdog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Android version: 6.0.1

0 Likes
pigdog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

One of the steps in the link you provided (see below) says Disable Auto Restart.  However when I followed the steps I do not have a Backup and Restore option nor Auto Restart.  But I do have Backup and Reset and Auto Restore.  Should I disable Auto Restore?  Does it mean the same thing at Auto Restart?

Disable Auto Restart. 

1. Browse to Accounts > Backup and Restore, or Search for Auto Restart.
  2. Touch the switch to toggle Auto Restart.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately no, this is not the same feature. If you've given everything you can a try from the article, then repairs would be the next recommended step. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Dinu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

To be fair. I think it's too old, should look at new device

0 Likes
pigdog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I purchased the phone 2 years ago from Verizon brand new.  To be fair, 2 years is not old.

0 Likes