cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nylanfs
Asteroid

Galaxy S5 won't accept new Samsung password

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have an older S5 that won't accept the new password I made for my Samsung account. I remember seeing that older devices have some limitations on password info?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nylanfs
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S5 won't accept new Samsung password

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I set the password to a 23 char password using numbers, letters, & special characters. It would not accept that as a password for my samsung account on my phone, playing around with it I settled on an 11 char, letters and numbers only password and it accepted that..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not familiar with any password restrictions. Are you able to sign into your Samsung account using that same username and password through a web browser?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Nylanfs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I set the password to a 23 char password using numbers, letters, & special characters. It would not accept that as a password for my samsung account on my phone, playing around with it I settled on an 11 char, letters and numbers only password and it accepted that..

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like it was a password limitation issue then, I'm glad you were able to get it working.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.