Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Galaxy S6 active ignited on fire literally while on charger

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My advice is, do not diagnose yourself.

Go to the doctor.

Do you have any medical training to make an accurate diagnosis or treatment?

To my knowledge, there is no "in between" for burns. There is first degree (redness, no blisters, pain), second degree (lots of pain, blisters, deeper tissue damage through skin), third degree (areas where there is no pain because the burn is so deep the nerves were burned away, surrounded by very painful areas of second degree burns with redness and blistering). You have a burn and if you have not had a similar burn before, you need to know how to properly care for it from a doctor, not the internet. You risk infection to the burn and possible scarring if it is not treated responsibly by a medical professional. 

✨KLHN1986 REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR (ELITE)✨
☆ If you like my answers, I would love stars☆

The rank of contributor is a rank assigned
to community members that have been recognized for
sharing high quality answers and material to the Samsung+ Community.
Contributors do not formally represent Samsung
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @JonC.

I can't even imagine how you're feeling about this right now. Thank you so much for sharing with the community, I wish I had gotten to this post sooner.

I'd like to also give thanks to @Acrillix & @KLHN1986 for jumping in to help with advise, as well as @userjAbQvnnLnO. It's beautiful to see the Community come together to provide assistance with such a serious matter. 

@@useroX13rhPYSk - keep an eye out in your inbox. I'm PMing you to talk about this and make sure that Samsung addresses the situation and takes care of it for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JonC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you! Your thoughts and concern are very much appreciated! I will be checking and keep you informed!
Angiestorm26
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having been using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge since. I have never been able to use Oculus because I have been afraid the phone would catch fire. So foolishly left it alone hoping and waiting for a update. Charging this phone has always turned it into a branding iron. But since the last update I literally can't hold the phone to use it half the time. It is not just a charging issue my upluged phone has injured me. Now what am I supposed to do?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I strongly suggest you call support ASAP to set up a service order. From the sound of your post, it may be in our best interest to skip troubleshooting since you are not able to hold the phone. I wish you the best. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjVoFOkaQ2n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung galaxy s6 active recently melted the charging cable and the port looks burned and Samsung phone is melted around port.

Who could I contact at Samsung about this issue?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userjVoFOkaQ2n I'm sorry to hear you've experienced this. Are you okay? I'm going to be reaching out to you in a Private Message in just a moment.

userjVoFOkaQ2n
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I still have. At&t told me to take it to a repair shop - batteries plus  and they said they do not repair that phone. I had to buy another phone because the Samsung s6 active will not charge reliably and I am afraid it will catch on fire.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand @userjVoFOkaQ2n Let's continue this in the Private Message I sent you since I will need to gather some personal information from you. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userjVoFOkaQ2n I was just reaching out to see if I could continue assisting you with your S6 Active. Please let me know if I can, I would really like to get your device evaluated.