cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy S6 edge camera fail

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S6 edge for just over a month and about 2 weeks ago my camera stopped working. Same thing every time, warning camera failed. Only option is to click OK and it closes the app. I have tried a number of suggestions from googling and have gotten nowhere. Please any help would be most appreciated. Thank you 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Neutron Star

Re: Galaxy S6 edge camera fail

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Buttafly

You say " I tried restarting in safe mode to no avail". Does that mean you could not restart in safe mode?

If you did restart in safe mode and camera still failed. I suggest you send the phone to repair to Samsung. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well you should tell is what you have done so we can help.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry about that, I'm new to the community. I have factory reset the phone, force stopped the camera app, tried installing other camera apps. My front facing camera works but the rear doesn't and now can't even use the flashlight, it says the flash is currently being used. And BTW, thanks for replying 😊

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After looking at some of the topics I tried restarting in safe mode to no avail. When I touch the camera logo,it attempts to turn on but same message "warning camera failed"

Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Buttafly

You say " I tried restarting in safe mode to no avail". Does that mean you could not restart in safe mode?

If you did restart in safe mode and camera still failed. I suggest you send the phone to repair to Samsung. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I was able to restart in safe mode and it still had the same warning camera failed. Thank you Superman for your help. I will see what I can do about having Samsung repair it. 

Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
At this point I think you might want to try a Factory reset before you send the phone to repair. From what I heard Samsung repair may Factory reset your phone anyway.

Just backup what data is important to you and do a factory reset. Follow these instruction.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-use-factory-reset-to-troubleshoot-issues-...

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @Buttafly

It is a pleasure having you in our Community and we are glad to see you receiving support from @Superman. We would like to recommend backing up your device using our Smart Switch PC application, and then going through the device initialization process located in settings. This will make sure that your device is currently up to date. If you are still experiencing problems, we would recommend having your device set up for evaluation. You may also provide more information for the community to evaluate what you are experiencing. This might include your full model number, current baseband, and if your device has experienced any physical impacts or any exposure to liquid.