cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S6 will not charge, only via USB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had the same problem. s6 edge will not charge with original charger and cable. Android 7.0; last security patch aug 1 2017. I worked with a verizon tech guy over the phone, and reset everything. That did nothing. I was told that the phone I purchased was out of warranty, over 1 year, and verizon does not fix phones, and if your's is broken, regardless off whose fault it is, if you do not have insurance, you can buy a new phone. 

I was also asked if I had purchased the verizon  warranty extension. I had never heard of it, and was not offered it. Nobody is offered it. It is only offered when discussing the insurance option. That doesn't sound like a very good way to protect the consumer. The warranty extension is only $3 per month, and there is no deductable like the insurance has. Too bad its never offered to buyers. 

My phone can charge wirelessly, and also can charge off of portable chargers, and other devices that have usb ports. Not exactly what I had in mind when buying it. 

With all of these posts, there is obviously a DESIGN FLAW, and the consumer should not have to eat the $$$.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yahoo, in the safe mode i close all active applications, and my phone started to charge from ANY charging device. I have this problem for couple month, i mean my cellpone charged before only from PC.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxlpPREgX8d

If it's working in Safe Mode then you might just have some 3rd party app on your phone draining it from the background or preventing it from really charging at all. Clearing some things out and then adding back will help you figure out what might be the root of the problem and get rid of it.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @userUvJmXPin7p

Was checking in to see if you were in need of any other help or assistance? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same problem. Started before recent update. Updated in case fixed the problem...it didnt!

Help please.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
3 Galaxy S6's now and all of them destroyed from a charging perspective after software update.

One wouldn't charge at all from any source - Brought back and replaced by store with them saying "Its happening a lot of S6's"

One will charge off a USB but not recognised as a device

One will charge off USB and is recognised

SAFE MODE is not the answer. Eliminating 3rd Party Apps are not the answer, Clearing application Cache is not the answer!

Really Poor from Samsung. Really really poor. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am S6 last one year, recently encounter a problem phone is not charging when plugged into the power adaptor, but it is charging with same cable when it is plugged into the laptop USB. I tried all the above suggested troubleshoots. it is not working please advise me.

Thank you

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue ... s6 sm-g920F. android version 6.01. I woke up to a frozen update screen for something involving knox (i think) two days ago, with phone frozen on a 'downloading... do not turn off target' message, with unit itself being quite hot. I exited frozen state by pushing vol down, home button and power simultaneously.  now phone can pnly charge via usb to my pc (weirdly not to my mac even, only my pc tablet).

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mine is exactly the same way. I had been using my phone all day and put it on the charger and it wouldn't charge. Then it seemed to have died after only having 15% battery life. Then i got this screen so i let it sit for a while (2 hours) came back and it's still on this screen. So i did a hard reset like you did and now it wont charge at all unless it's plugged into a computer.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQRHQqMZ1ae

Considering the troubleshooting you've done, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864). They can set up an evaluation and possible repair to get this fixed back up for you.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.