cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S6 will not charge, only via USB

JUMP TO SOLUTION
nice to know its not just me - i bought a high quality cable and a wireless charger off amazon in a bid to help myself - both work better. But its still selective on which plugs it likes and which it doesn't!
I'm sure this is update related.............
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has to be because of all this phones committing suicide...Seems like all our phones worked fine just before this update, so whatever samsung did to limit charging capabilities on certain mediums is not cool. My issue is when i use my powerbank. Before it would charge my phone as fast as the Apatice fast charging original charger, but since the update i get the "device charging slowly use original charger..." bs. Phone chargers with reasonably speed when plugged into my pc after i make sure the usb configuration is set to charge only and not file transfer, but why deny my powerbank from impregnation my s6 with juicy juice!!!! Cmon samsung!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

anyone sort this problem. I have the same issue and  I'm 6.0.1 only happened since the update

HELP!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy S6 will not charge, only via USB

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Galaxy S6 edge model SM-G925W8 version 6.0.1

I have the same problem with the phone, it only charges via computer or TV. I have already tried the safe mode but it didnt work, and I have restored the phone to the factory settings it didnt work as well. 

Please any Help Samsung 

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, @userUvJmXPin7p

I appreciate the information you provided about your device. I want to ask a few questions about your device that may help me in providing you the best help. 

- Have you attempted charging with an alternate Samsung Charger?

- Have you checked your device port and all ports on your charger for any debris, lint, or damage?

- Have you attempted charging using a different wall outlet?

- Did you use any accessories around the time this began to happen? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any solutions to this problem yet both my s6 and my wife's have the same issue athat the same time have tried everything, this has to be an update issue , please fix samsung 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So both of you have ruled out completely new chargers working, correct? Have you checked both of the charging ports on the phones for any sort of damage to the pins or build up that may be blocking your charger from making full contact? You can take a q-tip with some rubbing alcohol to give it a nice light cleaning. Also check that none of the pins look bent or damaged in any way.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to my S6 since it did a software update 3 nights ago. It now only charges off a PC. And its not a pin / coneection / cable issue as I'm using the same cable (and have tried 3 others = my car charger) and it only works when connected to a PC.  So annoying.

Any way of reversing this latest update which is obviously more damaging than good. I'm even more annoyed because this is the second time that this has happened. First time, it was about 6 months ago, and assuming it was a mechanical failure and bacuse i couldn't find the receipt, I dumped it and bought another S6.

working in the medical field I need my phone to be fully operational 24/7, if i can't get this sorted i'll just go buy an apple 6, although I really love android 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have tried deleting cache and rebooting as per the post above, it worked on the train home from work but later in the evening tried charging at home and no luck.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you happen to use any battery saving apps, or have your phone in any of the default battery saver modes? If so, could you please try to turn that off and let me know if it changes anything. I'd also like for you to put your phone into Safe Mode, as an application could be affecting this since you mentioned you received a newer update. 

You can put your phone into Safe Mode by following the guide here - Using Safe Mode to Troubleshoot

If while in Safe Mode it's able to charge normal, this means that a third party app is the cause behind this. Finding out which one is the real challenge, but as I said, if you are using any sort of battery saver apps, that would be a good place to start.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.