cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwood10
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 Audio Keeps Pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a Galaxy S7 (on Verizon; don't know if that's important) for about 4 months now (got it in late September 2016). Every time I play a video or audio on any platform--social media, YouTube, Spotify, etc.--on any kind of connection--WiFi, 4G, 3G, even offline download--it will pause. It can be 1 minute into listening/watching or 30 minutes, it can be between songs or within a song, ANYTHING, and it will pause. 

The only solutions I have found is turning off Power Saving Mode, in which my S7 is never on PSM.

Please help. It's been doing this for at least 2 months.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
mwood10
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Audio Keeps Pausing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I know it's been a while but I just want to let the mods and community know the bug was fixed with the new update. The new update's "dictionary" for the keyboard needed some training (meaning I had to type in responses several times for it to stop autocorrecting it to something irrelevant). Because of that I had to download a new keyboard app. Only a slight downfall that had an easy fix.

43 REPLIES 43
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @mwood10. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Keep in mind that Power Saving mode, even the normal and not extreme version does have very specific things that it does in order to save that battery life. The battery saving mode limits your device's performance, limits vibration feedback, and restricts location services. While the second of those isn't likely to effect your ability to listen to music and such without pause, the other two would.

We certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

mwood10
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out @SamsungViv

Model number: SM-G930V

Baseband version: G930VVRU4AP13

So what happens is I will be listening to music/watching a video on any platform (be it Spotify, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, anything) and anywhere between 5 minutes to as much as 30 minutes into listening/watching, it was pause.

At first I thought it was anot issue with my headphones jack, as it would pause as if the headphones had been pulled out (and if I tried to hit the play/pause button on my earbuds, it wouldn't work--on any of my earbuds, not just the Samsung issued ones).

My thought changed when the same issue happened while using Bluetooth in my car. So I thought it was an issue with... not using the phones speakers? I'd never heard of such a thing, but I'm not tech savvy, so I won't object.

Again, that theory was debunked when I had set a sleep timer on my phone and it paused my music before the timer was up. So maybe it was a connection problem?

I've tried WiFi, 4G, even 3G, all to have the same outcome. I pay for Spotify  (go student discount!) so the connection idea was debunked as well because I have the music downloaded for offline listening and it. Still. Pauses.

It's not the end of the world, but it is a major nuisance. If there's a solution, I'd really like to know.

P.S. My brother also has an S7 and doesn't have this issue.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of curiosity, did you check your brothers device for possibly any applications that you're using that he doesn't. I'm wondering if maybe another application is causing this. You could also check their settings as well, such as screen time out, or power saver settings. Do you notice anything else specific that happens right about the time the audio/video pauses? Does the phone display time out, or are you navigating other windows?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

mwood10
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @SamsungMarcos,

Unfortunately, my brother is at the Academy 2 1/2 hours away but I will see him over the weekend and be able to update on his info.

The main differences between his and mine that I know are he keeps his brightness at about 75% all the time, whereas mine is on auto; he does not use Spotify at all; I use the Always On Display, he doesn't; and he isn't in the habit of closing windows once he's finished using an app, whereas I am.

With videos, obviously my screen won't time out lol. That'd be a whole different issue. When watching YouTube videos, it's usually after watching 3 or 4 videos that it will pause. It's never paused on the first video.

But listening to audio... looking back I cant think of a time when the screen was on that it paused. I rarely let it time out while listening, so I will have manually turned off the screen. Also, I can't think of a time when I had music playing in one app (Spotify) while browsing another (social media) and it pausing.

Hope this helps at least a little. I'll get my brother's phone's info on the weekend if you still need it. 

And may I also add, I looked at the thread about S7 sound cutting out but the video keeps playing... that's not what's happening on my end. Sound doesn't cut out; it straight up pauses.

Thanks again guys!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Just let us know what you find out. We can look all that over once we have a bit more to look at.

It might be worth trying to run your device in Safe Mode for a few hours and test if things pause still while in that mode. Directions for Safe Mode can be found here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-use-safe-mode-to-troubleshoot-problems/m-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
mwood10
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I know it's been a while but I just want to let the mods and community know the bug was fixed with the new update. The new update's "dictionary" for the keyboard needed some training (meaning I had to type in responses several times for it to stop autocorrecting it to something irrelevant). Because of that I had to download a new keyboard app. Only a slight downfall that had an easy fix.

userKpg58F0vII
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine still pauses.

userKLtdHiqytF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mwood10 wrote:

What the ... does this have to do with music player being paused and skipping songs to next ?

usereBUTKDaKbu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @SamsungViv,

I have same problem on My Galaxy S7, the audio keep pausing.

Tried this Safe Mode and the Audio stop pausing!

So what should i do next ? I cant keep in Safe Mode.