cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Auto Rotate and Auto Brightness stopped working after Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hv done this but auto rotate is not working.. !!

Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Auto Rotate and Auto Brightness stopped working after Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried the cache partition this time and the previous 2 times it has happened to no avail. 

I have the s7 att version and every time att has a security update these two settings die. the only way I have found that works is to do a hard reset and start over which is a pain.

I was ok with doing that twice but the third time, I'll most likely get a new, non samsung phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ok, I think I solved the button's dissappearence: it literally changes to "portrait" button. But if you press it again auto rotate is back. Voila! 😄
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks so much, this solution worked a treat
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cheers that worked

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Auto rotate button changes to Portrait, need to tap the Portrait button so it changes back! Worked straight away after weeks of not having auto rotate, drove me crazy! Thank you Rakka! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Auto rotate still not working, would like to know why this option is not in settings menu. Also camera only works 30% of the time (If I'm lucky). Tried wiping cache, resarting phone and even resetting phone to default.. .. nothing has helped.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
wow thanks it works
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys,

First, the big change as I see is that now the portrate mode work as lock the state of screen and not as worked previously.

For example, click on auto-rotate mode, rotate  the phone and as it rotated, click on portrait.

now the screen lock the state of screen utill you unlock by auto-rotate mode.

Second, be aware that the icon with the lock for portrait mode replace with the same icon of auto rotate mode.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. The icon for screen rotation is on. It will work for about 45 mins then it will stop working.  I have restarted it in safe mode uninstalled all apps then rebooted it. The same thing happens it will work for 45 mims the stop.  I have wiped the cache partition. No solution works for longer that 45 mins.