Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jonwrivera
Constellation

Galaxy S7 Auto Rotate and Auto Brightness stopped working after Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

- After updating to Nougat, the auto rotate option does not work.  I've ensured that the Portrait lock is not on and that the icon is set to rotate.

- After updating to Nougat, auto-brightness keeps the screen perpetually dark and does not account for different ambient light levels.

Anyone else having these issues and have you found out how to resolve them?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S7 Auto Rotate and Auto Brightness stopped working after Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I personally haven't seen any other posts directly related to these together. When you've toggled them on, have you made sure that you also tried toggling any power saving mode off just to see if by chance it's auto defaulting that stuff. You could also give your phone a nice wipe of the cache partition which will clear any residual data your phone saved after the System Update. You can follow the guide on how to do that here - How To: Clear the Cache Partition

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy S7 Auto Rotate and Auto Brightness stopped working after Nougat Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I personally haven't seen any other posts directly related to these together. When you've toggled them on, have you made sure that you also tried toggling any power saving mode off just to see if by chance it's auto defaulting that stuff. You could also give your phone a nice wipe of the cache partition which will clear any residual data your phone saved after the System Update. You can follow the guide on how to do that here - How To: Clear the Cache Partition

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

View solution in original post

jonwrivera
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was surprised this worked, but now both features are functioning normally.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yay! You're very welcome. Glad I was able to get your options working again.

userNcb8TGkzag
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Also my GPS location will stop working.
useruNLBLeAmh6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Auto-rotate and Auto-brightness quit working for me as well yesterday.  Thought I somehow had messed up the settings unknowingly.  Auto-rotate and Auto-brightness both were turned on but neither worked.  After clearing the cache per your link, everything is back to normal.  Shame on the update for doing that but thank you so much for getting things back to normal!  It is much appreciated.

usern9Qnitjfhr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done this but auto rotate not working at all. Can't even find icon anymore

userFH7CHTFvBB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This fixed the problem of auto rotate not working. Thank you!

userrXnhkRaOqL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you fix it?

@userFH7CHTFvBB wrote:

This fixed the problem of auto rotate not working. Thank you!

Craigaleg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This also worked for my s6 edge. Thanks!