cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigBisto
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A few days ago I noticed my phone cover was not sitting straight, so I took it off and found the back cover is peeling off down the left side. I pressed it back into place but it slowly peels away again. After a Chat with Samsung Support, they said this was definately not normal, issed a ticket and told me to phone in. I did so and the young lady worked to set up a repair order, which seemed fine until we got to the point where she said that the phone is in warranty by date, but considered out of warranty by condition. Soooo... the phone is in warranty unless something goes wrong with it? What sort of warranty doesn't cover faults when they arise? Needless to say, I was a little ticked off and suspeded the repair order. Has anyone else had this issue? I've seen some reports on other communities, so it seems like it is not an isolated case. They seem to all be fairly recent, so I hope it is not the start of an outbreak of this condition.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BigBisto
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After my original post I saw some posts elsewhere suggesting that the Samsung reps at BestBuy stores can be quite helpful. Unfortunately I picked a day when he was not there, but one of the BB guys suggested I try using the Samsung+ app. So I started a video chat using the S+ app. I should point out that by then it had become clear to me that the issue was actually the battery swelling up inside the phone causing both the back and the screen to separate from the housing on the left side. I live in a city which does not have a Samsung service center, so the Samsung service rep set me up with a return authorization, the disadvantage to that being that it would take some time to complete the evaluation and repair/replace. BTW, he also told me to immediately turn the phone off after the chat which I knew I should do, but you need your phone, right? Anyway, I was planning to use my old S5 while it was being repaired only to discover that the SIM is the wrong size. That took me to a Verizon store, who took one look at the phone and replaced it on the spot. Kudos to Verizon. They said there is a Samsung plan in place for such issues. So I guess my advice is that your wireless carrier store is your best resource in cases such as this.

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
dhisasian
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is also happening to my phone on the same side. Going to take it to my wireless provider and see if they can do anything. I had the same issue with my galaxy s6 and had to go through my wireless insurance to replace it. They didn't have any galaxy s6 so they sent me a galaxy s7 but it has been less than a year since I got it and now the back of this phone is coming off of this phone too. Looks like samsung is having issues with how the back glass is held in place.

Highlighted
BigBisto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here's a picture ilustrating the problem.

BigBisto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Apparently you can't upload pictures to this forum.
BigBisto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After my original post I saw some posts elsewhere suggesting that the Samsung reps at BestBuy stores can be quite helpful. Unfortunately I picked a day when he was not there, but one of the BB guys suggested I try using the Samsung+ app. So I started a video chat using the S+ app. I should point out that by then it had become clear to me that the issue was actually the battery swelling up inside the phone causing both the back and the screen to separate from the housing on the left side. I live in a city which does not have a Samsung service center, so the Samsung service rep set me up with a return authorization, the disadvantage to that being that it would take some time to complete the evaluation and repair/replace. BTW, he also told me to immediately turn the phone off after the chat which I knew I should do, but you need your phone, right? Anyway, I was planning to use my old S5 while it was being repaired only to discover that the SIM is the wrong size. That took me to a Verizon store, who took one look at the phone and replaced it on the spot. Kudos to Verizon. They said there is a Samsung plan in place for such issues. So I guess my advice is that your wireless carrier store is your best resource in cases such as this.

View solution in original post

userpzjb5WfxbO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will go to a Verizon store tomorrow.

userxBxDDvpCmm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes paint coming off on bottom of screen between home button and outer edge, I want 2 no we're the paint is going?

userK29tYgrMpr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just put something heavy on top and let it charge for a couple of hours and it just stick back on if not get some new ip68 adhesive 

BigBisto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was the battery swelling up that was causing the problem so I don't think your solution would have helped much, but thanks for the thought.

userAZOB56hD0g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The back glass on my S7 is as well coming off and the paint is almost gone around the edges..... I have a case around my phone as well.