cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung were prepared to "repair" mine if I sent it in, but Verizon said that Samsung had a program in place to handle this issue and dealt with it on the spot. You should at least try AT&T I think.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Phone is from Oct 2016 and was bought as trade in from the Note 7 battery disaster. AT&T will NOT help if its out of warranty and you dont have the insurance. They claim to not even know about the problem at all.

Pics of the problem:

https://i.imgur.com/Xkl46FZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zjOIXyp.jpg

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Midniteoyl

I would reach out to our service line at 1 800 726 7864, or through the Samsung+ application to get a repair ticket filed for that phone if the batter is swelling and the back is coming off.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did. Was told 'its out of warranty' and I had to pay $70 or possibly more to repair.

After I scoffed, he offered 20% off.

Then I gave him all the forums, including this one, that showed how many are having this problem and pointed out that this phone was the consolation prize after having to turn in my Note 7 with the same problem, and he finally relented and offered to repair it for free as 'one time courtesy'? Seriously?

While I appreciate he finally relented, this is an ongoing problem with Samsung 7 series phones. This is the 2nd one with this problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same thing happened and I contacted Samsung+ chat and they just gave me a ticket number and said I would have to pay for the repair.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S6 has started doing this two days ago! I just paid it off in my AT&T next program and lowered my bill considerably.  What is causing it do I have to upgrade and get a new phone or is it something not to worry about? Help please.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunantely, being an S6, already older than a S7, and Samsung already not wanting to fix S7 phone problems, I am going to assume that your only recourse is send it into Samsung or a good repair shop for a new battery.  You can always call Samsung and try to get them to at least take some money off for the repair.

The sooner the better. The more the battery swells, the greater chance it will crack somethin in the phone.

Also, lightly charge the phone a little at a time, allowing time for the battery to 'cool off' between charges. Charging causes heat, and heat causes the damage to worsen.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Midniteoyl

They quote me $647.34 for the repair. LCD and PBA need to repair which my LCD and phone is fine before I send in. That cost I can buy a new phone. Ridiculous and crazy, time to go find another phone, for sure not Samsung anymore. I been using Samsung from S4 but now time to go on. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What they are doing is actually replacing the entire phone and burning your IMEI and S/N into is. They claim to have replaced all the different boards and components so they can charge the 'book price for hours'. They did the same to me.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just thought I would add my wife's S7 Edge is bulging big time.  The back is separating quite obviously.

This to me looks pretty dangerous.  I am thinking of letting the local TV station news dept.

take a look at it to warn others to keep an eye out for this defect.

I would upload a picture but I can't figure out how to do that.