cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had exactly the same phrase quoted to me and was similarly ticked off. It's rediculous and Samsung should be ashamed of themsleves. I'll certainly be looking for a non-Samsung next time round.

I was going to send it in nevertheless (didn't see another option), but went into my provider store to make provisions to use an older phone temporariliy. They replaced the defective phone for me on the spot and said there is a Samsung plan in place to deal with such issues. So my advice is to try your provider.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with the back separating from the front of my phone. It started about a week ago, but I thought it was the case causing a problem. Finally had some time to look more closely and, yep, the phone is coming apart. That means I have a Samsung TV with cold solder joints that sometimes messes up the picture, a Samsung tablet that also has the separation issue and now my phone. 

I'm obviously a slow learner, but, unless my phone problem at least is solved, I'll be an exSamsung fan.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzNA7Bltd8z can I please get your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
PM and pictures sent, as requested in a direct email.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@KDinFLA; We will follow up with you soon. Thank you for your patience. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungTam,

Your PM software is not allowing me to respond to your message, from either my Samsung tablet or my MS Surface. I can type a reply, but clicking on SEND does nothing. I have made several attempts from both machines. Will you send me an email address to which I might respond?

Thank you,

Kathleen

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Again, @SamsungTam, I apologize. There was no indication my replies were been sent.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So, Samsung batteries are once again swelling, as with the Note batteries, and Samsung's response is to make it as difficult as possible for their customers to get service (i.e. having to send it off for repair, rather than having the battery replaced locally). Since I can't be out of contavt for any length of time (seriously ill family member), I finally just paid my service provider to replace the battery. 

But I've FINALLY learned: no more Samsung products. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've bought my S7 phone 2 years ago (on April 11-ish) and thus the warranty is expired as of today. The funny thing is - phone's backside started peeling off just recently. As I understood this is an issue with the battery. I mean, sure I could replace it, but why nobody's asking and demanding Samsung to dig into this problem? Unlike most millennials, when I buy a thing, I except it to work longer than a year or two because I know the value of money. This experience is the first of its kind to me personally thus I think it's going to be a big NO from me to any future material made by Samsung brand. Yep, I've just registered to say "Viso gero, Samsung!"

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy S7 Flat is now a little over two years old, and the battery capacity has naturally diminished to about a third of original spec, so I contacted the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center (at a nearby Best Buy) to schedule a battery replacement.  I was quoted $50 for the repair, asked a couple of questions about my device (which has never been damaged or modified in any way) and brought the unit in this morning.  When the tech inspected my device, I was told the back exhibited "minor delamination", and they would have to charge me an additional $75 to replace the back as well, bringing the total cost of the repair to $125 (which I declined to have done given the added cost).  I've never had any issues with my phone back peeling or appearing to peel, and sure enough, when the tech handed my device back to me, I couldn't identify any sign of the back separating or peeling from the rest of the device.

This being the case, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.  I was more than willing to pay $50 for a new battery but was pretty disappointed at being blindsided by this supposed additional requirement.  Now I'm stuck with a phone that's not worth the cost of this "repair", and I can't get a new battery for what I was originally quoted either.