cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfXgVaoh6R6
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am having samsung take a look at it per their request.  My front glass is cracked right above

the battery bulging area.  You can see top and bottom bulg when the phone gets hot.

My phone would get hot when doing a lot of WiFi streaming.  I was transfering some things during

a back up and it really got hot.  You can see it bend right at the crack on the front screen which

I am convinced was do to the expanding battery.  I am hoping Samsung takes the front screen into consideration

during the evaulation.

Ken

user3DQf6NCg7u
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Galaxy A5 2017 back cover peeled off in the 13th month..! The service centre in Jayanagar,Bangalore  just took the service charge and replaced the adhesive & now in less than 3 weeks is coming off again..! Very much upset with this that this happens to a phone bought for Rs.30,000 ! Isn't it bad manufacturing quality ? I invite Samsung to respond to this..

user3xDojQ1c1l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The adhesive on my S7 just failed. I have a few monthes left on my Verizon contract. I also have the protection plan. Verizon said my choices were paying $149.00 and getting a refurbished S7 or paying the $112.00 left on the phone and get a new phone. The thing that tics me off is this is obviously a manufacture defect and Samsung is not owning up to it. If you google this issue you will find many people expeirencing this same issue. I have a box full of old phones. Some of them many years old and none of them are coming apart.

user3xDojQ1c1l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a feeling that these phones are so good that people will be happy with them and reluctant to upgrade to the newer phones when they come out. Building them to the highest quality might not be in the best interest  for some companies. Not saying this is the case here but it makes you wonder.

userwGxXtc17af
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. I just notice the peeling of the glass backing on mine on the the volume button side. Also the phone is out warranty, the problem I had the battery replace a few times in the pass by Samsung under warranty, because it got hot during normal usage and this battery is only a year old. So i dont know if they didnt put it back together with enough adhesive or it not good against heat. Also if you can tell me if you solved the problem and how. 

Chrisb009
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with my S7 edge - separating back from the device. This is the second Samsung phone I've owned (earlier model) with the same exact issue - battery that expands and separates the case. It's a dangerous situation that needs to be addressed by Samsung. There are pictures, really recent, on the net of a S7 edge that caught on fire . Article is located here: https://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-catches-on-fire_id109149.  Samsung, if you're listening, fix this issue for your customers. If I receive the same lame response, you have to pay, I'm going to contact the Media as I have several contacts within the field.

-Chris

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear you're having this issue Chrisb009, I can't make any guarantees but I'd be happy to see what I can do. Mind shooting me a message here with the model code and IMEI number for your phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userxlyix6Ay2d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues.  Took it to an authorized Samsung repair facility and they told the problem was the battery is going bad and was swelling from inside the phone.  They quoted me at $250 to repair the phone ($50 for the replacement battery and $199 for a new screen).  I told them the screen was not cracked, but they said that the "required Samsung repair includes replacing the glass screen since it will crack from the inside/back of the glass once the phone is heated (they place it in an oven to loosen the adhesive/gain access to the insides of the phone).  Evidently, I was warned that the phone was unsafe to use since the battery is close exploding/catching fire.  I contacted Samsung direct, and they state that won't cover repairs as my warranty is expired nor are they aware of any ongoing issues with the S7 adhesive separation from defective/swollen batteries.  I laughed at their comments because this website has numerous complaints as well as internet searches on this problem reveal numerous results--I guess it is plausible deniability?  If a company sells a product that with latent defects (bad batteries, poor adhesive, etc.), why is the burden of repair on the consumer?  I am a quality assurance inspector and correction of products with latent defects are always the responsibility of the manufacturer.  It appears that until some type of class action lawsuit is filed, the consumer is left in the dark.  I own many Samsung products (2 TVs, Washer, 3 Smart phones, mini-stereo, etc.), but I guess my loyalty with the Samsung brand is coming to an end.    

userxlyix6Ay2d
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Follow-up to my earlier post...

There are several websites that reveal issues that Samsung was aware of these battery issues.  According to   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4542628/Samsung-hit-lawsuits-claiming-devices-explod...

"Samsung has been hit with multiple lawsuits following reports of other smartphone models that were plagued with similar battery issues.

These Samsung smartphones include the S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S6 Active, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active and Note 5.

Cases in three US states have claimed that Samsung was aware of the battery issues and fire hazards for years, but opted not to inform its customers.

Plaintiffs have proposed that users with the older models should be provided with the same refund and exchange program set for the Note 7."

Highlighted
BigBisto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had exactly the same phrase quoted to me and was similarly ticked off. It's rediculous and Samsung should be ashamed of themsleves. I'll certainly be looking for a non-Samsung next time round.

I was going to send it in nevertheless (didn't see another option), but went into my provider store to make provisions to use an older phone temporariliy. They replaced the defective phone for me on the spot and said there is a Samsung plan in place to deal with such issues. So my advice is to try your provider.