cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userH8muG90q7N
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me, lady said the same thing re: warranty. Doesn't matter. They fixed it free, no fuss. This bloating and expanding battery is a known issue and they are fixing them without question. It's mad dangerous. They don't want a repeat of the Note situation a couple years back. Thankfully I had my old S5 I could activate while it's been in Texas getting repaired. They even gave me a shipping label. So I paid nothing and now I'm goning to have an almost new phone that's approaching 2 years old. I'm pumped.

userH8muG90q7N
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, call Samsung. your cell provider can't do a thing except activate an old phone for you to use before you ship it back to Samsung. Again, it took like a week and a half to send it in, get it repaired, and have it shipped back to me. Very pleased with Samsung's customer service.

user17B2hWUGbJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 Edge has the same exact issue. After 30 mins on the phone with them. She not willing to fix it for free or give a discount. I'm going on a long-haul trip (15 hrs). I"m not sure is it safe to bring the phone on the plane with me. 

Midniteoyl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I would not fly with that phone.. Or at least not with out it completely off. If you must use it before getting it repaired, charge it on a metal cookie sheet or similar and while you are around to keep an eye on it.

While the promised '5-7 business day turn around time' I was promised turned into 35 days, they did not charge me in the end.

As a side note, when I got mine back, the invoice said they ended up 'replacing' just about everything in the phone: PCB, camera, glass, speaker, mic, etc. So pretty sure it was just basically a new phone and they simply burned in my old IMEI # so it still worked on ATT w/my SIM. That is how badly the battery swelled.
user17B2hWUGbJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the advise. You are luckly they didn't charge you for replacing all those stuff. Does they ask you for the credit card before you ship your phone to them?
Midniteoyl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
As I mentioned before they tried to make me pay up front for repairs, but after explaining that I was one of the people who had to give up the Note 7 due to the same problem, and now the replacement phone was doing the same and arguing, politely, a bit they finally decided to fix it free as a 'one time courtesy' . There was no way I was gonna send it in with my credit info just in case they tried to blame me.

However, when they finally got the phone, it turns out I was correct in my concerns as I received an invoice saying that the 'phone has obvious signs of abuse', which was not true, obviously, if you look at the pics I took. So I called repair, sent them pics I had before and after the battery swelling and proof that while the battery was swollen, the phone itself still worked the day Ii sent it in and in fact was the phone I used to call them with that day Smiley Happy I believe the kicker finally came when I showed them several forums full of S7's with the same problem, including their own right here. Before then they kept saying this is the first time they ever heard of a battery problem with the S7.. Kinda BS, we know. Just keep on them. Move up higher in the chain of command if you can and keep pushing. And always, always, document, take pics, keep a log of who you talked to, etc.
userclrjzardAM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same happened to me, it started one day when I noticed that there was a lighter part of the glass on my phone. A few days after that I noticed the whole side of my phone had the glass lifted off of the metal. I soon realized the whole plate was lifted off the phone. I don't know what to do, as my warranty is expired

SamsungIssac
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userclrjzardAM

I certainly understand the frustration and concern you must be feeling right now. I would be more than happy to further assist you with this. I'll be sending you a PM to ask for more information. 

DanielleC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my S7edge since May of 2016 so it is definitely out of warranty. I noticed that my phone is having this exact issue just last night. I have AT&T and I'm sure they will be of no help. Has anyone had any luck with getting Samsung to make it right out of the warranty period? 

BigBisto
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung were prepared to "repair" mine if I sent it in, but Verizon said that Samsung had a program in place to handle this issue and dealt with it on the spot. You should at least try AT&T I think.