cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWvpzL38OsH
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Back Peeling Off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing exact same problem with my Galaxy S6 flat. I have kept the phone in a  Lifeproof case since day one. Never dropped never wet, never overheated. The original battery lasted 2+ years and was replaced by the OEM. There are a few things I still love about this phone and was always keeping it in as good of a shape as when it was new so I would keep using it. I had an original battery put in Novermber without any damage and it's been lasting a lot longer,  but the bottom part of the bezel by the home button just started peeling without any reason across the corner and since 2 hrs ago has about 75% peeled as I trying now to make it all look even as it gives out a strange annoying glare. I wish it can at least be peeled fully so it would look even but I now it is very distracting altough all the buttons are still working. Searching for repair landed me here but I am not sure if any repair can be one. I really would appreciate some feedback what to do. Purely cosmetic but there was really no reason to peel inside the same case it's always been in. 

userwUe3irrh0n
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had a Samsung Galaxy S7 for three years.  The back of the case just began to separate.  I read about the problem online and the consensus was that this is a battery problem (as per this blog).  Also, there were comments that the battery could not be replaced. Some advice was to contact Samsung, however I have contacted Samsung for other items and they have not been very helpful.  My bought the phone from AT&T, so I called their local store.  They were of no help given the age of the phone; however AT&T referred me to Batteries Plus.  I looked online and they replace cell phone batteries, even for the S7.  Rather than send the phone to Samsung and be without a phone for weeks, I made an appointment at Batteries Plus.  They were very knowledgeable about the phone. In one hour, they had replaced the faulty battery and repaired the back of the phone case.  The cost was $69.99 or $59.99 with coupon.  What a great service to get my phone fully functional again in an hour.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys!

Just wanted to chime in, We recommend using authorized service centers for any needed repairs or evaluations.

When using unauthorized repair centers, it voids the device's warranty.

If you are having these symptoms, I recommend sending me a private message directly to address your concerns or reaching out to an authorized service center such as UBREAKIFIX. 

You can locate the nearest UBREAKIFIX locations by using this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.