cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueberry76
Constellation

Galaxy S7 Bluetooth disconnects all devices, immediately reconnects

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S7 since launch and starting 4-5 weeks ago, I started having random issues with all Bluetooth devices disconnecting and nearly immediately reconnecting. Devices I have linked are my Garmin Vivoactive 3, Bose Wireless headphones and Ford Sync 3 when I am in my car.

This seems to be random, but I really notice it when in my car. The car screen will flash I lost connection and then immediately say that it has connected to the phone. This same thing happens at my desk at work and I will lose connection to both my headphones and Vivoactive. This is getting annoying. It seems to happen in waves, every 5-15 minutes for a few then it will clear up and not happen for over an hour. My headphones have disconnected twice in the time it took me to write this....

A couple of times when I was on my phone this has happened. I noticed the Bluetooth icon on the top of the system bar will disappear and then reappear when this happens.

I see there are may topics on this going back to 2016, but I rarely see a solution. Any Help?

Phone Model SM-G930V, REV.06

Update: I was watching the Bluetooth 'button' in the dropdown menu and it when form active (blue) to inactive (grey) when this happened.

Update 2: Edited my crappy spelling...

Final update: Uninstalling Garmin Connect seems to have solved this issue for me. Been 48 hours and not a single bluetooth drop. Hopefully Garmin can fix this in the app.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Buchi1988
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Bluetooth disconnects all devices, immediately reconnects

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution for me!

It's the Garmin-Connect-App, which is buggy right now. If you uninstall it and restart the phone it should work. I already contacted Garmin with that, and there are others who had the same problem and solved it with uninstalling the connect-App. Sadly you cannot use your garmin-watch until it's fixed...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Buchi1988
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have exactly the same issue. Started I think after the last Update. It's really annoying...
userGNSii0osvC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too. I'm also experiencing this behaviour. Also I noticed that affects Wi-Fi too. Very annoying hearing the Bluetooth in the car disconnecting and connecting again constantly.

Buchi1988
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found a solution for me!

It's the Garmin-Connect-App, which is buggy right now. If you uninstall it and restart the phone it should work. I already contacted Garmin with that, and there are others who had the same problem and solved it with uninstalling the connect-App. Sadly you cannot use your garmin-watch until it's fixed...

View solution in original post

userGNSii0osvC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG I also have Garmin APP instaled. I've just uninstalled it and check tomorrow the BT connection.

Thanks!!

userGNSii0osvC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solved. Thank you very much for the hint!!

Highlighted
useriLbLGsshOG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same disconnect problem my s7  but don't have Garmin app.

I have an S6 and it does not disconnect randomly

Galaxy S7 Bluetooth disconnects all devices, immediately reconnects

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issues, Very frustrating as I coach preschoolers exercise to music and my speaker keeps randomly going off.
userr3iXRuq8EW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues but I do NOT have Garmin. Trying to listen to downloaded music from amazon music. Is there a solution ANYWHERE?? For the love of god...someone has to know!! I have a Galaxy s7, Mazda 3, using amazon music app. PLEASE HELP!