cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teppka
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Before the recent update my phone e was getting through the day with no issues at all giving me 7am-10pm time fore first battery warning. After recent security update I noticed the battery use to die much more quicker, once I received first battery warning at 2pm other days on 4pm. I did not install any new apps,  usage is as usual. Current version:

GQBSFXXU1 BPJE/

G935FOJV1 BPH4/ 

G935FXXU1 BPJE 

I wander if anyone experiences the same issue? Is there a way to roll back to previouse version? 

Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

If the following steps do not resolve the battery drain issue on your device, it will require service.

Run the device in Safe Mode, if this resolves the battery drain issue, it is a third party app causing it. Uninstall high battery usage apps until the issue no longer occurs.

If this does not resolve the issue, check for any available updates by going to Settings>Software Update and also update all apps in the Google Play Store.

-Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version and check the current baseband version and compare it to the GS7 page of your carrier's website and make sure that the baseband versions match up.

-If they do not match up, reach out to your carrier so that they can push out an OTA update to your device.

If everything is up to date and the issue persists, the next step is to back everything up and perform a factory reset.

If the issue occurs after the factory reset, we recommend taking the phone to a local uBreakiFix or Best Buy with a Samsung Experience shop and ask for a software re-flash.

If the issue occurs after this, it is hardware related and will require service. You can locate a uBreakiFix or reach out to us via private message to set up service.

Private Message Link

287 REPLIES 287
louileo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The battery on my galaxy is also draining faster after the last update (NEE, XXU1BPJE, 2/11)

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

We would recommend taking some troubleshooting steps to further isolate what you may be experiencing. 

You may follow the steps provided in the link provided here: 

How to: Basic troubleshooting guide

Please let the community know what steps you have taken and if you have noticed any changes or improvements. This will help the Community to provide you steps without repeating any steps you may have already taken. 

Teppka
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like clearing device cache have solved the issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
user33HCymH0Qx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too was having this issue recently.  Read your reply about clearing cache.  I had to do a search to find out how to do it.  Nervous because it starts like a complete reset.  But, made it through. All data seems to be intact.  Too soon to tell if battery life improved.  Hopeful!

usergzx5Rt278J
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found something worked , If you are the one who facing battery draining issues after upgrading to Nougat you can simply fix it by Wipe cache partition through the Recovery mode. And here is the step by step guid to Fix s7 battery drain after update nougat. This could be work also on S7 edge.

Gaily
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't work on the Oreo update. Battery barely lasts 6hours. 

userKXcyj1sGVJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues with my battery after the most recent system update, and tried clearing out the phone's cache .. as per the troubleshoot. It hasn't helped with the battery drain problem. What it actually did was help with. The battery charge speed! Even with an aftermarket cable!

I attached a screenshot of me battery usage just from this morning. I've never had to worry,  or use,  either of the power saving modes in the past. 

users1f1THzKdm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It would actually be nice to see a response from Samsung on this issue as I cannot see an actually answer posted here of the problem related to the extremely fast battery drain since my phone has been updated. 

Come on Samsung I thought better of you. 

For information I have the Samsung S7 edge and the battery is draining quicker than it used too before the latest update was installed and as soon as it gets to around 15% it depletes to 0% in seconds.

How about an update or a least the previous version sent out as an update to over ride an obvious problem with the last update that people are obviously having as this forum is showing.

Also can we see a response on this forum from Samsung concerning this matter so that posters know you are at least looking at this issue. 

userNPcWrZDQaU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes please. I had this exact problem after the update done 2 days ago! Even when plugged to my PC, the battery % would not increase but decrease even though phone is in screen locked mode. So for the past 2 days, I had to power off my phone to be able to charge, power it on to have battery totally drained in 2 hours, off to charge and the cycle repeats. So I had just powered off my phone when I went for my lunch so that it would charge and guess what it only charged 7% (from 38% to 45%) for an entire hour!

None of the suggested solutions worked for me. Eg hardly any apps running - in fact I had more apps running before the update and battery had lasted well, done "clear cache partition", device maintenance reports a 99/100 excellent score...

In addition, phone is constantly hot even when in idle locked mode, it will only cool down when I turn it off. The minute I power on the phone it starts to become hot...

This is getting very ridiculous! Can Samsung please provide a resolution soonest possible? Or like suggested, at least help us to revert to the "before update state"?

Thank you!!!