cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNPcWrZDQaU
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
and I just turned on the phone and with usb cable still plugged into my PC, the power just go from 45% to 42% in seconds...
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxcwI0t0YFX Sure thing! What's your device's Baseband version as well so I can make sure you're device is up to date. Are you using the original charging cord and wall adapter?

@users1f1THzKdm I would be more than happy to look at this with everyone. What is your device's model number and Baseband version? Are your applications up to date as well?

@userNPcWrZDQaU I know it can be more accessible than an outlet but I normally recommend that you don't charge your device through your computer's USB port since it limits the power going to your device. I would try using the original charging cord and wall adapter in an outlet you know has a good power source and let us know if you notice any changes.

user0bDGEMpPYU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this marked as solved and why haven't we had an official response from Samsung please? My s7 edge is having exactly the same issue as a direct result of the latest update. Samsung appear to ignoring us or blaming non existant battery faults. I'm a loyal customer having bought the s2, note 2, note 4 and s7 edge over the last few years. This is a sure way of losing loyal customers. My baseband is G935FXXU1DQIL

user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm hoping you'l be able to help me also! I'e been following this forum shambles for weeks and no single person has attempted to help without repetion "Delete cache, uninstall Chrome, live a life without data or any screen brightness" You name it we clearly have done it.. I'm not mad at you I'm mad at Samsung because Fact is everyone is telling you it's the update.

Your move Samsung...

S7 edge

- My baseband G935FXXU1DQIL

- No updates remain since November's one breaking it.

- Phone is 6 months old

- Android 7.0

- It said 1 hour remained on 8% fair to say within 20 minutes it died... 

- I have deleted all my Cache, drained the phone and fully charged it with the official cable and fast charge brick.

- Factory reset with the bare minimum with poi ut chrome still same issue since update. Not too sure what more info you need. The battery usage estimates aren't giving much away other than Android OS is top and Screen is second but again when in standby I barely get 10 hours.

Please assis our queries this forum post has been going on way too long... all in favour say I!

Highlighted
userNPcWrZDQaU
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The point is not whether I am charging from an outlet or via USB to PC, original or non orginal charger. The point was I had not needed to do so before update, unless I forgot to charge it before I go to work because a full charge could well last me the entire day of use. And before the update, on occassions when I had to charge using USB via PC, it worked was able to charge well. And I had full charge this morning, now it's already down to 83% and still dropping while I had it idle most time. In fact, whenever I do minimal fb browse or read emails, I can see the battery % decrementing in front of my eyes.

Also before update, my phone only got hot when I on a call for a while. Now it gets hot whenver I use any app (eg simple browse thru FB, or read mails).

My model is SM-G935FD

Android version 7.0

Baseband version G935FXXU1DQJ1

Android security patch level 1 Oct 2017

And all my apps are up to date.

Thank you.

user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well said, we are victim of this exact update... so what is Samsung going to do about it?

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Bad-news-10-worse-battery-life-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-and-S7-Edge-afte...
userlGZrf6Ilim
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Attached a screenshot with all request info. Pls assume I've tried everything possible to rectify it. I'd rather not report the entire laundry list of things I've tried. 

user07h0AY8IEu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is certainly a problem with T-Mobile phones: https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/146510 with battery life, but also with general speed--the phones are incredibly slow and unresponsive. See this thread: https://support.t-mobile.com/message/651351#651351. 

Clearing cache partition solves a part of the problem of battery drain. But the phone is still extremely slow. WiFi on drains battery faster than usual. WiFi off does not appear to have the fast drain. Please acknowledge this issue and send out an OTA reversion to Nougat for S7 T-Mobile phones until you can get a fix. This is not fair for customers to have their phones ruined by a mandatory OTA. Nobody at SS has acknowledged the issue. If you will at least acknowledge the issue, reproduce it, and start working on it, we can be patient since there is hope. Currently there is no hope for us because nobody even acknowledges this huge problem. Please acknowledge the problem!

userMSBrTYMIDd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, so before you push an update we have no issues with our battery......................then after the update the battery drains like crazy and we have to figure it out and follow troubleshooting steps?............NICE SAMSUNG!!

userzbNtIvG1Hm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Absolutely! Disgraceful