Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry i cant speak for all of us but personally me and my partner have uninstalled Chrome. Started using your Samsung "internet" As a default, factory reset, clear cache or whatever...

So Mr expect I am now directing this to Samsung. Please sort out your update which has caused the large majorities of these people's S7 to die very quickly.. I bought this phone for long battery, 6 months old still serves me well. Update comes out boom £600 phone turns into a £50 brick... 

I get that this may be a ploy or marketing idea to push us to s8 but if this continues then clearly I won't want a s8 as I will be forced to get the S9 with another device breaking update.

Now I suggest you stop telling us things we have already tried including removing poxy chrome and suggest something useul such as a escalation note to your manager. Thank you

usergMvbsFxI65
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sad, after reading all the comments for help and no official SS response.   Going down.  

user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Expert...

I'm sorry but need I write a whole list of what I have tried to do to fix my fully functioning phone before the update?I have given you a short form of what I've tried, fair to say I have done all of the above and more.

I found this forum as I was looking for advice and support from Samsung. So far I have found someone named Expert who likes to repeat what they say, think they know it all and get absolutely nothing done. That being said since you've started talking have you once fixed any of our queries for the past 4 weeks this post has been going on? I've had more support from users above than anything you've said.

The most helpful thing you've just said is "a step to make Samsung attention from their side they don't expect" Its not the best wording but understandable. So with that being said what are you as an 'expert' going to do to make Samsung aware of this? or am I right in thinking that you don't work for Samsung and that you're just one of us managing a forum... No disrespect Expert but you've said it yourself I'm not the only one getting this issue nor is it just the S7 so why has it been a month of reports on this forum alone for nothing to be done and being underminded by someone who talks on behalf of Samsung.

SAMSUNG USER:

The only thing I have found a little bit useful is paying for an app called BK disabler (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kunkunsoft.packagedisabler)

NO ROOT REQUIRED
 It allows you to disable bloatware that you may not use. I recommend you stick to that an installed. Touching system may make your phone crash. If anyone's interested I'll give my list of disabled bloatware you probably didn't even know you had. PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY ALLOWED ME TO SAVE 10% MORE BATTERY THAN NORMAL. So rather than losing 7% an hour on standby it's gone down to about 4 -5 %. I can't guarantee this for you but if it helps good luckSmiley Happy

Finally 'Expert' Samsung users shouldn't have to go out of their own way buying apps when it worked before hand. So if you want to buy me a new phone feel free if not, please sort this out.

user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Expert

I have taken the time and effort to write out a complete list that I have tried (May have missed a few things) as requested by Samsung on Twitter seeing as the forum has been next to no help.

Feel free to have a good read and escalate to any mangment you have on this forum.

Thanks

user1Eh2KN7nEg
Astronaut

Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Totally Disgusting Battery has to be charged 3 times a day and in roaming has to move with power backup and service center says the battery is ok of your phone but the update sucks
useriJMigRspHO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue after update some time in Novemeber 2017. The phone lasts only an hour on the battery. An hour!!! thats it.

So I have to charge it again for an hour.

Android System is taking much of the battery.

I deleted all the unwanted apps, tried deleting the cache. Guess what? Nothing works.

This is bull. SAMSUNG got to send a new update to solve this problem,

usero37wMszXlG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why does Samsung even have these forums?  no one from Samsung ever answers any of the concerns!  The only one that answers is this self proclaimed Mr expert that doesnt make sense have the time and is clueless.

SAMSUNG are you here???

We need an explaination on why your recent update is draining our batteries!!!

userEv5xYIQ8Za
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello? Samsung?? your last update just ruined the S7 edge. I keep looking for chargers where ever I go because the battery drain really fast now

FIX IT!

user9lxoAfjbuX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy S7 purchased March 2016

Like everyone else, I'm having crazy battery draining problems since this last update.

I typically already have all the extraneous apps turned off/disabled or uninstalled. Granted with my use, I expect to have to charge at least once through the day, but this...

Since the latest update, the drain is much faster, even with everything turned off.

I put the phone in safe mode.

I wiped the cache partition.

I have manually gone through every single app one by one and force closed or deleted the cache, and/or removed the data for the application.

I have uninstalled ALL extra unneeded apps.

I've run the stupid optimizer, set the power save to maximum, etc, etc, etc. 

And you know what still happens? The second my phone hits the 15% battery remaining warning? It still drains to nothing WHILE PLUGGED IN. I can watch the percentage count down in real time, while the phone is plugged in, 15%, 14%, 11%, 8%, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... then off. Without fail. I have tested this repeatedly. If I'm lucky and catch the countdown fast enough and get it plugged in, it will hover at 1% for a minute, then very, very slowly eventually hit 2% then begin to charge and count up like normal. 

I have tried charging it to full, opening every app, running as bright as possible, etc to quickly run the battery to 0. Shut it off. Charged it while off to full. Repeat once more. Then turn on and see if it made any difference.

Nothing. It's still doing the exact same thing.

Then, tonight, when it hit 45%... it shut off. I plugged it in, and the battery showed 0%.

Do... NOT... try to pass this off as user error. You guys screwed up something major in your last update. Bad.

So make like Microsoft, pull your collective heads out, and FIX this stupid issue and release a fix update to the battery manager please, because this is outright stupid. I never, not once, had a problem like this.

My last ditch effort, which I'm going to do over the weekend since the idiots in the phone store are going to tell me is the only way to fix it anyway, because that's the only thing they know how to do apparently, is to xfer all my personal information off the phone and do a factory reset, then let it update and see what happens.

user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Expert... I'm sick of you saying people have fixed the issue by disabling chrome. Fact is there's quite a few above including myself who done this the 1st time you said it but you seem to ignore this.. 

See attached for your own peace of mind... FYI my battery was charged at 100% as of 7am it' now 43% at 10:50 This didn't happen before the update. 

So yet again I repeat myself as does everyone else. Chromes gone get the real experts involved!