JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

(Topic created on: 12/11/17 11:48 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Before the recent update my phone e was getting through the day with no issues at all giving me 7am-10pm time fore first battery warning. After recent security update I noticed the battery use to die much more quicker, once I received first battery warning at 2pm other days on 4pm. I did not install any new apps,  usage is as usual. Current version:

GQBSFXXU1 BPJE/

G935FOJV1 BPH4/ 

G935FXXU1 BPJE 

I wander if anyone experiences the same issue? Is there a way to roll back to previouse version? 

Thanks. 

290 Replies
userMhU7AHNnvl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has anyone noticed gear vr app as an issue for draining  

I cant delete it but it using up alot of my battery any thoughts 

0 Likes
userv2IOKGQ3cR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We have decided on the same. I have used the galaxy phone since the first version till S5, move to Apple beirfly but don't like IOS, so switch back to S6 and now S7 Edge. Enough is enough, Samsung. There are plenty of good Android phones now, so wake up

0 Likes
usero37wMszXlG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

SAMSUMG!!!!!!!

is there anyone from Samsung going to reply to anyone of our issues here?  Wish they had people that would monitor there own forums.  useless!

0 Likes
usero37wMszXlG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks SAMSUNG for ruining my brand new s7 edge with one of the biggest batteries on the market!  Will have to go back to HTC!  don't know why i even gave samsung a try!!

0 Likes
usero37wMszXlG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why would any of you upgrade to a new Samsung s8 (or anything SAMSUNG) if you had battery draining updates in the past with no resolutions on your older model phones?

Don't you think if they did that to your old phone why would they not do it again when their next phone hits the market?  Get out of Samsung while you can!!!  They do not respond to any of our concerns!!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi @usercnIrm1VFYf I actually see that your device is a few updates behind so I would recommend using the Verizon's website tool HERE to bring your device up to date. If that doesn't work, I would recommend visiting your local Verizon store. After you get your device up to date, I would also make sure that your applications are up to date as well and restart your device. 

0 Likes
userkrqtkJLTdB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here with battery drain after november update. I downgraded to prevoius version and it didn't help, so there is no help, looks like november update changed something in hardware configuration. Now there is december update and it didn't help also. This is big issue and it takes too long time to solve it from Samsung, two months and still nothing.

0 Likes
Nani777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having same battery problem with my s7 edge, I dont know why samsung is not taking it seriously and push the new battery fix to all. I spoke to verizon and they are saying they can replace the device with other device but i think all s7 edge devices having same problem. 

0 Likes
Mars05
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been experiencing the exact problem as the rest of you off literally watching my battery drain in my s7 edge while it sat idle.  Or sitting next to my changer when I did use it because 2 phone calls would completely deplete my battery.  I have seen the suggestion a couple times to clear the cache partition and reboot.   Well ive done that a couple times to no avail.   But every time I did it my phone was plugged in and charging.   I just did it again  not plugged  in and my battery seems to be maintaining.  Tonight will be the true test as I don't leave my phone plugged in overnight.  But so far so good....

0 Likes
Mars05
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been experiencing the exact problem as the rest of you off literally watching my battery drain in my s7 edge while it sat idle.  Or sitting next to my changer when I did use it because 2 phone calls would completely deplete my battery.  I have seen the suggestion a couple times to clear the cache partition and reboot.   Well ive done that a couple times to no avail.   But every time I did it my phone was plugged in and charging.   I just did it again  not plugged  in and my battery seems to be maintaining.  Tonight will be the true test as I don't leave my phone plugged in overnight.  But so far so good....

0 Likes