cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You keep doing this...You have alot of members in this post alone going on for 3 months and you only seem good at telling people to disable chrome..

You literally are as useul as a chocoate teapot... what I suggest is you stick to other posts and keep away from this one, because the most common phrase on this post is "do one expert"

Don' bother wasting time on a reply. You can help by leaving.

Highlighted
user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good for you shame you aren' able to fix the remaining 90%

Selling apps?

I would like to see you try and blame Google for 90% of users here who doesn't have the app anymore.. dig yourself out of that one!

You'e in a big business hahaha don't make me laugh you applied to be named expert.. you can apply to help on here, I personally think you should be demoted.

userHL8mYtkRUr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Expert are you Larry the Croc? 

Tjoe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks to "expert", this thread has turned into a joke.

But for those trying to solve their problem... Reminder:  Try turning off Location Service.

I've had mine off for 2 weeks now and my phone is back to using only 1% an hour when idle.

I've just now turned it back on and I'm tinkering with the apps that use Location to see if one in particular is the culprit (starting with Verizon's).

usero37wMszXlG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to turn off the Locations Services on my Galaxy s7 edge and it still drained my battery just as fast.  I did notice that my phone drains 3x - 4x faster depending on the cell tower im connected to. 

My phone drains extremely fast when i am at my house but when im at my office it does not drain.

Samsung can this battery draining problem have something to do with which tower im connected too???

Tjoe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usero37wMszXlG wrote:

My phone drains extremely fast when i am at my house but when im at my office it does not drain.

Samsung can this battery draining problem have something to do with which tower im connected too???

Yes, a cell phone will kill itself trying to get a cellular signal.  I often spend times in facilities that have no cell service and have to put my phone into airplance mode to keep it from searching endlessly.

Tjoe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Location Services: Further refinement. 

I have Location Services back on again, and all of the apps that were using it are back on automatic.  The fix, for me, was to put Location Services into Battery Saving mode (doesn't use the GPS for a fix, just WiFi and Mobile).

Since my last post, I had it in that mode and was enjoying normal battery life again (about 2% an hour when idle).  When I put it in High Accuracy mode, it eats the battery at 6 to 10% an hour.  Also, I am not using the options listed under "Improve Accuracy".

user0tgUnXAkea
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good day, if you experiencing the battery drain after nougat 7.0 then theres a cure. Please upgrade your software version to andriod security level for December 2017 then you will see your battery would optimized. I just upgraded my phone a couple of minute and the battery is working well like brand new one. no more battery drain for now

user2sSviVyewD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how did u do that?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userk7ZFmgF31G & @user2sSviVyewD You can check manually for updates by going to Settings > Software Update > Check for Updates.