cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I might have found the culprits. It's the Samsung apps. Or at the very least SHealth and Samsung+.  I opened SHealth and was asked to accept some permissions. As soon as I did, battery drain increased.  So I un-did the permissions, and it got better. So I went to sign in here to report it, and chose to use the Samsung+ as defAult. Instantly my battery plummeted 2% in less than a minute.  So I closed it and returned here.  Battery drain improved.  Over the past hour  (including time spent fiddling with those apps), my phone battery lost  12%, all active usage. For me that is a massive improvement. I'm going to disable Samsung+ for good measure... and also because it's bloatware.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
SAMSUNG-SM-G935V model number. baseband:B935VVRS4BQI1 A lot of problems with battery and bluetooth keeps stopping messages pop up every 10 secs after the update to nougat. pls helppp
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had problems since last UK updates. My battery would last me 24hrs easy as I'm a light user. Now it barely lasts a day. Friends keep telling me to move to iPhone as well as moving to LG for my TV etc... I'm now in the process of doing all of that. My son in law had his S8 3 months and went straight back to iphone anf has also just bought LG TV instead.

I've been loyal to samsung for 20 years TVs, Phones, Blueray, speakers, vacuum cleaner, tablets etc etc... now down to just 6 products and moving away. Sad really! My phone is what's put me off them completely. £750 for a phone that i needed to last at least 3 years and invested in the one with long battery life...barely last 12 months! Rant over...was Samsung all the way...not any more! ☹

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model - Samsung-sm-g935a

Baceband - g935aucs4bra1

Kernal version3.18.31-12564870

I have also had the battery have to get charged twice a day just to text, a couple of calls and maybe words with friends a few times a day.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*not my solution but worked for me*, found it on a different place.

1 - go to Play Store.

2 - select My Apps and Games from top left menu.

3 - update all.

4 - double check to ensure every single app is updated. 

5 - charge phone to full.

6 - restart phone.

Prior to this, my phone would drain itself completey overnight, even just sitting idly for an afternoon. 

for some reason, updating the apps worked perfectly, and battery life is back to allmost new status. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  experiencing a similar problem with the recent update

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My battery also keeps draining. There's only one solution to this. I've tried everything under the sun. Must replace battery and get new one.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue after update  i start my day at 5:30am and by 12pm im at 50% but then battery goes from 45% to 3% in 5 seconds two days in a row with battery saver on wtf? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is ridicules,  i just switched over from HTC to the brand new Samsung s7 edge just last month (oct).    After the latest update my phone too went from lasting 2-3 days to not even getting through 1 day.  wtf?  I think i may need to go back to the HTC phones.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good for you Mr. expert.  But that does not help the rest of us.  you need to just go away!