Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same experiences w/ my S7. I have:

• Cancelled the permissions and notifications on all of the apps
  • 'Optimized' the performance, AND
  • Followed the steps to 'clear the cache partitions'. 

None of thes steps had any effect.

Yesterday, I removed the phone from the charger @ 9:30a, and purposely did not use the phone all day; the battery was dead at 10pm. That approximates an 8% battery drain / hour with zero usage!!

Prior to the update, I was able to get 2.5 - 3 days from a charge (not a heavy user).

Every time Samsung decides to push an update, all of the phone settings are erased, and I am back to a battery that won't last 12 hours. 

After the update last summer, I replaced the battery, but that obviously was not the issue. That time, I was able to slow the drain rate by following the steps noted above, but this time they have had no effect.

Read the complaints in this forum across all of the Samsung models, the "battery drain after an update" issue has been ongoing for 3+ years, and Samsung still has not addressed it....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

FYI - THIS IS ABOUT AN S7.  I have tried the steps suggested and even taken the phone to a Boost store for assistance and I am still unable to resolve.  Of course they recommended I buy a new phone 😠

The first symptoms were problems with Bluetooth connecting and wifi.  Google Maps is unusable.

My home button is often non-responsive, everything takes forever to load, and I keep getting dialog boxes about System UI is not responding. Phone worked Fine prior to update. Please help!!!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is some tips that could save the battery life for your reference:

1) Use Low Power Mode

2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications

3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It

4) Do not Activate Location Service

5) Lower Screen Brightness

6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications

7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But you should not need to do ANY of these things. Never had an issue previously. Since latest update my battery drains at an alarming rate when NOTHING is being used.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well put!  And don't get me started on taking away the capability to have individual notification sounds for contacts while texting!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

8. Buy a 20 yr old Nokia 3310 since you've just turned off all the features of a modern smartphone 😂

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most of were already doing all these things before the update to consrve our batteryuse, but now it is horrific, not to mention the GPS sensor suddenly incapable of finding the satellites in the middle of a common, an unobstructed drive.  A restart fixes it, temporarily, showing that it is a software, not a hardware issue.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, increasing battery life for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Phone is not such a difficult thing as you think. To make your device run for a longer time, you only need to adjust some settings of your device like reducing the brightness of screen, disabling wireless network, quitting background software and so on.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
AlexGuan123456 Thats not the issue. Not only have most of us tried those solutions, but its an issue with the recent software update.

(sorry if that sounded rude, it was not intesional)
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

any one else experiencing battery swelling also