cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the following steps do not resolve the battery drain issue on your device, it will require service.

Run the device in Safe Mode, if this resolves the battery drain issue, it is a third party app causing it. Uninstall high battery usage apps until the issue no longer occurs. 

If this does not resolve the issue, check for any available updates by going to Settings>Software Update and also update all apps in the Google Play Store.

-Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version and check the current baseband version and compare it to the GS7 page of your carrier's website and make sure that the baseband versions match up.

-If they do not match up, reach out to your carrier so that they can push out an OTA update to your device.

If everything is up to date and the issue persists, the next step is to back everything up and perform a factory reset.

If the issue occurs after the factory reset, we recommend taking the phone to a local uBreakiFix or Best Buy with a Samsung Experience shop and ask for a software re-flash. 

If the issue occurs after this, it is hardware related and will require service. You can locate a uBreakiFix or reach out to us via private message to set up service.

userSEjqqVllXD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue. I am also noticing my battery runs very hot at times. Anyone else have this issue?

userMhU7AHNnvl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too same issue. Battery drains fast and phone is getting hot. 

I don't even over use it but if not plugged in to charge it drops fairly quick and when using drops even quicker 

I don't game, I dont watch videos only text and web.  I even have my phone on the power saving mode. If not for power saving mode the phone would drain even faster. 

This is ridiculous and can't find out what to do  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, Can you please provide me with the model number and baseband version of your device? 

userIhrq4ekjZD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed this issue myself as of today. The issue lies in Gear VR Services, it was using 110% of my battery and was draining ram.

First, wipe your cache partition.

Then use "Package Disabler Pro" from google play, it costs only $3.49 and is worth it, especially since you won't have to root your device.

Grant the app admin permissions when prompted. Check the checkbox for Gear VR Services, and done. You just saved your battery and saved your phone's performance. The app will vanish from your app list and will only be visible in the package Disabler app.

This an issue with the Samsung version of the Oreo OS for galaxy s7 edge and needs to be repaired by the Samsung developers.

userUxQY0cRpoZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed the latest software for my S7 today by going to Settings ==> Software Update. And this seems to have resolved the issue for me. I no longer have a hot phone and it no longer is draining the battery.

Brian

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! thanks for sharing what worked for you. 

usergL7kgfONb8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  started to notice that my S7 used a lot more battery than usual some days ago (battery went down from about 95% to 50 % when I was asleep). And at the same time the phone got hot during charging. Before this occured I didn't do anything in the settings and have always used the original Samsung charger.

So I went through the battery and app settings and saw that the Always on display was the top user with 16 % since the last charging. It didn't sound like anything remarkable, but I turned off the Always on display. I went through the app list, and no app did really use any battery at all.

I also did restart the phone after that (which I haven't done in a while).

Well, as it turned out, the phone in now cold while charging, and doesn't use near as much battery while not used. I really don't know what solved it, but it's okay now.

I'm not an expert, but maybe this could be helpful for someone with the same issues.

Mike