cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the update last week (end of january 2018) now the battery drains to zero at when the charge reaches 15%. I also get periodic flashes across my screen regarding my battery and then it goes away before I can read everything. Is Samsung working on a patch for this because it was their update the cause the issue

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey ive cleared the cache, limited every app i could deleted apps and i finally stumbled on what i think is the solution.

i read it in a series of other complaints, go to settings, i couldnt find mobile networks so i searched it at the top.

once there you will find you are on a global network, switch to LTE/CDMA and thats it

fricking ss

my phone was a verizon s7

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This helped a lot, thanks.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What did you do to fix it?

Clearing cached partitions didn't do anything for me. I even did a factory reset a few days after clearing the cache. Still nothing

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also followed all the steps short of clearing all my apps cache and factory reset.

I haven't downloaded any new apps in months on my S7 edge. This issue only started once i got the update not too long ago. I had this same issue happen with my old S4. The battery was unsistanable and it only happened after an OS update. I even tried a new battery back then on my S4 and no dice.

If this battery issue keeps happening every time there's a new OS then I'm switching to Apple because this is a bit ridiculous. My S7 edge is barely a year old and doesn't even last me half a day.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I took it to a Best Buy to see if they could do a re-flash off the upgrade. Wound up getting the Galaxy S8+!  The Samsung rep said the re - flash may not even solve the issue. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKXcyj1sGVJ wrote:

I took it to a Best Buy to see if they could do a re-flash off the upgrade. Wound up getting the Galaxy S8+!  The Samsung rep said the re - flash may not even solve the issue. 

I think it either Nougat OS that causing this problem or something else wrong. I have a brand new Galaxy S7 from T-Mobile, and I only get 7 hours and 14 minutes to 8 hours off a fully charge battery with 3000MAH battery. I don't game much at all. Only web surfing, watch video, text message, call, and some Google Earth.  My phone need to charge twice to get to a day. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here.  I need it fixed. I'm running a half marathon and know it won't last the full time Smiley Sad any luck?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5Q4UfxSwvl What is the model number and Baseband of the device you're having trouble with? Are all of your applications also up to date? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My battery is draining extremely fast after the latest update. It's down to 50% in just one hour. My model number is SM-G935P. Can you help me? I cannot afford a new phone right now.