Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't do anything for me.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all attempts at troubleshooting have failed, I recommend getting a service technician to have a look at your device.

Gaily
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry wrote:

If all attempts at troubleshooting have failed, I recommend getting a service technician to have a look at your device.

So is Samsung sending out tech to everyone on this list? It clearly isn't a user problem but a Samsung problem. I lost 4% while typing this little email.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, just following up to see if the steps provided were helpful?

userqNjQ2dpMFZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And "link" in above post is dead.

Do you test anything before rolling it out?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear that, did you try placing the phone in safe mode as instructed above?

userqaPmvm0LRk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I put my phone in safe mode, will I lose any of my settings or personal data?

userTANtrlLsJD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The whole point of the matter is, no one of these steps were necessary before the latest Samsung update. All of our phones were perfectly fine BEFORE THE UPDATE. There was something wrong with that update. No amount of safe mode or optimized performance is helping. I have also had a myriad of problems with my phone since the update, the worst of which is rapid battery drainage with no apps running at all. Samsung messed something up, and they need to fix it.

userr8IxOUxtzh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 edge also has battery issues now. From 6am to noon I have 30% left. Cleared cache partition, factory reset the phone, apps are sleeping, nothing running, barely used while at work. Battery usage breaks down to this: "Android System" @ 17%, then Android OS for 6%, and screen at 4%. Also, i'm an IT System admin so I know my way around a phone in case Samsung feels the need to blame the "user". With 22pages just on this forum alone, I would consider this an issue that needs resolving. If you want me to take my phone in to look at, then give me a new one to use in the meantime and i'd be happy to let yo look at mine.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, you will not. Safe mode only disables third-party applications.