cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLTimmy
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do you have the path to "Places" I am unable to find it.
user7T4UAbMa2k
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userO4oI8eBXV7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not sure why you are marking this as resolved... There is obviously an issue that you guys are ignoring. Putting the phone in Safe Mode DOESN'T WORK. Wiping the cache partition DOESN'T WORK. Doing a factory reset DOESN'T WORK. Following tips to conserve the battery life DOESN'T WORK. The severe battery drain is still an issue for A TON OF PEOPLE. You can Google "Oreo battery drain", and find 553,00 results. I think it's safe to say that it is an issue that was caused by the Oreo update, and you people are trying to get around it by saying it's a hardware issue. Ridiculous! 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSZB1mbTZRv: Thank you for sharing. Smiley Happy 

userSZB1mbTZRv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hope it helps somebody. These phones are too nice (and pricey!) to toss in the junk drawer. Better support from Samsung on the battery drain issue would be nice though.

userUB59h85DPP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tell your management to fix the battery issue, i know that you guys did it because of the upcoming release of note 9, i switched to s8 thinking that you guys would not do such thing, I will file a case against samsung through BBB, you guys really think we will not figure this out huh??

FLTimmy
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Is there a status from Samsung on this issue as of yet, as others have said we see a lot of people with the same issue yet no response from Samsung other than reboots, and factory resets which has been stated does not work. It appears to either be firmware or a OS patch that is needed. Please provide some feedback on this.
userraPI3gYQvU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like many others, I have been "disgruntled" by the rapid battery drains after the update to Oreo..  I have been avoiding selecting "MAX" on the Power Saving mode, because of how it limits the phone, but today I tried it, just to see what all it would disable.. as it was going through each setting, I noticed at the bottom of the list it got to "Biometrics" and said +550 min !!!  I had my phone set for both Finger and Pin screen unlock,  and it has been fine that way for some time.   I disabled the Finger unlock (under Lock Screen and Security > Screen Lock type) and now my battery drain issue appears to be resolved.    My battery had previously dropped from 98% to 83% in approx 1 hr, and since disabling the Fingerprint unlock, it has only dropped 1% in approx 2 hrs !!

Free2024
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! I'm so irritated, we are told to take it in for service, is Samsung paying for that? My $800 phone is ruined ! Is their a class action lawsuit against Samsung? I'd like in on it before I switch to Apple ! 

userIhrq4ekjZD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed this issue myself as of today and its very quite simple. The issue lies in Gear VR Services, it was using 110% of my battery and was draining ram.

First, wipe your cache partition.

Then use "Package Disabler Pro" from google play, it costs only $3.49 and is worth it, especially since you won't have to root your device.

Grant the app admin permissions when prompted. Check the checkbox for Gear VR Services, and done. You just saved your battery and saved your phone's performance. The app will vanish from your app list and will only be visible in the package Disabler app.

This an issue with the Samsung version of the Oreo OS for galaxy s7 edge and needs to be repaired by the Samsung developers.