cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermq96bg091Y
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
By 3rd party apps, do you mean apps i installed or apps that Samsung installed with an update?
userwjlHvDYD41
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue is the update. Safe mode is not effective. 

"Gear VR Service" quickly drains all of the battery, and it cannot be disabled because it is being ran by "Android Services". 

Another issue is the flashlight. Even though the flashlight is off, clicking on it produces the following error message, "Can't turn flashlight on. Camera light being used by another app". 

We are all saying the same thing- since the update our phones aren't working correctly. 

userYCXYgthhL8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Trust us dear officer this problem is completly related to new last android update for s7 edge. Its so bad and we can't use our phone. Please help us.

user0CsxpqJHB9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. It's making me mad. It just destroyed my battery. I can watch it drop I'm a few hours with no apps open, battery optimized, everything suggested has been done. It's very frustrating not being able to do anything with my phone. And it has dropped 10% just in the 3 minutes I have typed this out. It has never been this bad.

userXq7iaHAVff
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samsung s7 edge as well. This si obviously an issue with the latest update that was required in the phone. Samsung needs to provide the fix ASAP to get this resolved. As a faithful Samsung owner, I am seriously considering switching over. This can possibly be a bug by Samsung to get everyone to upgrade. I've noticed this issue also with my last Samsung.

userp7gV6mdPtw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phone worked fine untill the update. Battery lasted 2 days and now it is at 50% is three hours without using it. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

If the following steps do not resolve the battery drain issue on your device, it will require service.

Run the device in Safe Mode, if this resolves the battery drain issue, it is a third party app causing it. Uninstall high battery usage apps until the issue no longer occurs.

If this does not resolve the issue, check for any available updates by going to Settings>Software Update and also update all apps in the Google Play Store.

-Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version and check the current baseband version and compare it to the GS7 page of your carrier's website and make sure that the baseband versions match up.

-If they do not match up, reach out to your carrier so that they can push out an OTA update to your device.

If everything is up to date and the issue persists, the next step is to back everything up and perform a factory reset.

If the issue occurs after the factory reset, we recommend taking the phone to a local uBreakiFix or Best Buy with a Samsung Experience shop and ask for a software re-flash.

If the issue occurs after this, it is hardware related and will require service. You can locate a uBreakiFix or reach out to us via private message to set up service.

Private Message Link

View solution in original post

userqZbTPMsNkk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I notice (after the update) that phone contacts has a new feature called Places.  I change the setting of Contacts to turn off Search for Places.  So far it seems to have helped reduce the battery drain signficantly.  

Karl 

userpmReT0sjcJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I watched my wife's phone drain 5% in 5 minutes just having her screen on after this most recent update. The phone was fine before. I deleted some apps, turned off some features like location and restarted it. It drained 5% in about 12 minutes with the screen on. There is an issue somewhere in this update.

Gaily
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. It isn't any third party. Everything was fine before the update. This one drains faster than the other update, even in safe mode.