Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisN36
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung...

As a favor to you, I want to share with you the following information...

My co-worker Jay just bought a Motorola X4 to replace his S8.

My co-worker Jeremiah is in the market for a phone to replace his wife's S8 (Samsung ruled out).

My co-worker Jeremiah is also angry that his Samsung Smart TV no longer can do any of the stuff it did when he bought it (he is done with Samsung).

My cousin just bought an S9 and already regrets it.

My co-worker Mark just replaced his wife's S7 with an iPhone

My co-worker Perry is in the process of replacing his and his wife's S7's

There are more stories I could share with you, but I feel it is important that you realize there are some very upset folks out there.  I am sharing this information with you because I like competition in the industry as I believe it will make all products better.  You are in danger of losing market share as your name is getting very tarnished.

I really hope you can resolve these issues and show your customers they can trust you in the long haul.

Believe me when I say the right now, I personally know many, whose trust you have lost.  Hope you can win it back.

user8GK3NTGPu1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is both alarming and discouraging. My wife and I would just getting ready to upgrade 3 family phones to the Samsung 9 note. Fortunately this happened just in time and we are going to switch to Apple instead. They have a phone that's rather similar. Since Apple already had a class action lawsuit related to their misdeeds I suspect they will be a bit more attentive to their customer base.

ChrisN36
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Understand your frustration and based on my experience can't blame you a bit for wanting to get off of Samsung.  I get my phone back on Tuesday from their repair facility in Plano, TX so I will soon know if they were able to fix my phone.

Regarding the switch to Apple, let me remind you that Apple is the one company that was busted intentionally slowing down phones so people would want to upgrade.  With Samsung, I don't believe this was intentional.  I think it was more a bad software update that got out in the wild and hurt performance.  More incompetence than intentionality.

If you want to stay on the Android platform, I can tell you that i just bought a Google Pixel 3 and it is amazing.  Super fast, better than average battery performance and a camera that is almost too good to be true.  One other phone out there that I would recommend though is the OnePlus 6T.  My son just got one of these and I am blown away.  You can get one for around the $600 ish price range and this phone has unbelieveable performance.  For the $600ish price tag, you will also get more memory and storage than most phones out there. The software experience on these phones is also EXCELLENT with no bloatware like found on Samsung phones.  You can actually go see this phone at any T-Mobile dealer now as T carries this phone.  I would recommend buying an unlocked version however and picking whatever carrier you want to go with.  I believe the Pixel and the OnePlus 6T are some of the best games in town right now in the Android side.

I just have never trusted Apple since they got caught intentionally manipulating phones and then tried to pass it off with some marketing buzz rather than just admitting they did something highly questionable (throttling your phone without YOUR permission).  BTW...  Even though they first did this on the iPhone 7's, they are now doing throttling on the 8's and X's as well.  Search around on the web and you will be able to verify this.  Now at least you can disable it, but it is still pretty dodgy in my opinion.

Unless you really want to make the switch to Apple, I highly recommend you look at the OnePlus 6T.  I would have got one as well, but it was not yet out yet when I absolutely needed a new phone after Samsung crippled my S7 with their bad software update.  I got the Pixel because it was the best thing available and I could not wait another month.  I have no regrets.  The Pixel has been AMAZING.

Good luck to you.  I seriously feel your pain.  I get my S7 back in 2 days and will post all over these forums letting others no the results if the service center is able to get these phones working again so others can decide if they want to send theirs in if it works.
user1SUEN3U9xZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a samsung pro tablet and it is stuck on lolly pop great specs but no updates after 2 years old .

I said I would never buy a Sam song again 

My wife bought me a samsung watch for 350.00 last Christmas  I took  it back  did not like samsung.

Now I bought a used s7 to just see if it any better and l had a new battery installed in the used phone ugh this is pretty funny .

well samsung you got me twice ugh!!

Srshuck
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are telling us that 500,00+ phones all broke at the same time? 

userbYWV5BZNzC
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

seriously? There are 29 pages of complains and stories of people replacing their phones with non-Samsung and still, no one cares? 

Srshuck
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I have done everything listed here to no avail. Then I took it to the Sprint store for repair. They set it on a wireless fast charger and it worked, so they decided that it had to be the charging port  They replaced the charging port, the battery, the screen, and the back of the phone. None of that fixed it, the only thing I got was a new battery and a phone without a screen protector because they broke the screen and threw away the protector that was on it. Repair guy said he was pretty sure none of that would work, intimating that it was a glitch with the update. 

user8KtvUnou3d
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You guys really think Samsung is an honest company and are "working to fix this issue"? You realize they stand to make so much more money off of us all by incorporating updates that intentionally cripple our phones until we are forced to buy a new one, right? There's a very old term for this practice, implemented by pretty much every manufacturer for decades now: planned obsolesence. Now quit being surprised and looking here for a nonexistent solution and go buy that new phone suckers!

uservWIIqPXtsn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried all of the above. Nothing works. My phone battery drops excessively in a short amount of time I remove it from the charger, just since I did the upgrade. Worked fine before. Since your suggestion is to take it to a third party place to get it repaired  dits obvious  that the update fro mlm the company caused the issue, are you paying for this? The charge is ridiculous for a possible fix that they camt guarentee.

EmilyBaker
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is some tips that could save the battery life for your reference:

1) Use Low Power Mode

2) Restrict Unimportant Notifications

3) Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It

4) Do not Activate Location Service

5) Lower Screen Brightness

6) Limit Background Refresh for Applications

7) Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.