cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSEjqqVllXD
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But you should not need to do ANY of these things. Never had an issue previously. Since latest update my battery drains at an alarming rate when NOTHING is being used.

userYcOUnn2fxW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well put!  And don't get me started on taking away the capability to have individual notification sounds for contacts while texting!!

userJ7jrzEcy3p
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

8. Buy a 20 yr old Nokia 3310 since you've just turned off all the features of a modern smartphone 😂

userEKleMLDROj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Most of were already doing all these things before the update to consrve our batteryuse, but now it is horrific, not to mention the GPS sensor suddenly incapable of finding the satellites in the middle of a common, an unobstructed drive.  A restart fixes it, temporarily, showing that it is a software, not a hardware issue.

AlexGuan123456
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, increasing battery life for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Phone is not such a difficult thing as you think. To make your device run for a longer time, you only need to adjust some settings of your device like reducing the brightness of screen, disabling wireless network, quitting background software and so on.

userPJ0JH0Ho7M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
AlexGuan123456 Thats not the issue. Not only have most of us tried those solutions, but its an issue with the recent software update.

(sorry if that sounded rude, it was not intesional)
userNLBLquAKwn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

any one else experiencing battery swelling also

userSEjqqVllXD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed! I I could run apps for hours previously with little batterty drain and issue. For example, running Pandora at work for 3-4 hours and maybe a decrease of 10%. This morning used Pandora for an hour maybe...went from 100 to 40%. I am currently at 2%. This is a software issue and I would not be surprised if done with intent to force new phone purchase. I leave for vacation next week and I am so irritated over this!

userYcOUnn2fxW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm with you - I'm leaving on a 7-day cruise in a week and purchased the ship's WiFi package to locate family members on the ship on on shore.    But a lot of good it is going to do when I will have to figure out where/how to recharge the phone every 3 hours.

I held off a few months downloading the update.  Should have waited a few more.  Apple products are looking pretty good right now I think!

userIhrq4ekjZD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed this issue myself as of today and its very quite simple. The issue lies in Gear VR Services, it was using 110% of my battery and was draining ram.

First, wipe your cache partition.

Then use "Package Disabler Pro" from google play, it costs only $3.49 and is worth it, especially since you won't have to root your device.

Grant the app admin permissions when prompted. Check the checkbox for Gear VR Services, and done. You just saved your battery and saved your phone's performance. The app will vanish from your app list and will only be visible in the package Disabler app...

This an issue with the Samsung version of the Oreo OS for galaxy s7 edge and needs to be repaired by the Samsung developers.