cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0i93znilGR
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Gear VR Service is the problem. Your dolutsol helped. Me phone is working now just fine.

user0i93znilGR
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Solved*
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, If the following steps on the thread don't resolve the batter issue, I would recommend having a Samsung technician look at it. 

user1vlQ9P0tMR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
They did... they confirmed it was the OS!
Srshuck
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was just wondering where you saw that it was admitted that it was the software update  
ChrisN36
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't believe I saw it anywhere.  One of the technicians finally admitted it to me on my phone call when I was making arrangements to ship my phone into the repair facility in Plano, TX.

Hope that helps.

userKyqbVUveMM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my S7 Edge.  I could go two days without charging, after the OS update I have to recharge 2x per day at a minimum.

Cleared the app cache, too soon to tell if this resolved the issue. Will try Safe Mode tomorrow while at work and start going throug some of the other "solutions" or troubleshooting steps.  My wife's S7 Edge is doing the same thing after the update, so it's not just my phone or the battery.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced if troubleshooting has failed. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

userY98Q3A6ldE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have wasted last few minutes reading through this forum and found it amusing how useless and careless Samsung responses are regarding this matter. Most people (if not all) buying an S7 Edge have high IQs as they need to earn quite a bit to be able to buy this phone. Treating them like 5 years old is disrespectful, to say the least.

Like others, my 4 (four!!) Samsung S7 EDGE in my family are now broken after the update. I am ready to throw these and buy all 4 iPhones.

usert6x1iH324Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is Samsung telling us to go to UBREAKIFIX? They will charge you.

The problems are with the Oreo and should be Samsung's responsibility.

@SamsungLarry wrote:

This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced if troubleshooting has failed. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.