cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOIRAAomdmk
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Battery Drain after recent update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

These things don't work. EVERY PERSON IN HERE says it started after an update including mine!  I'll never buy another samsung product again as this is the 2nd  samsung phone that mysteriously started having battery problems after it was updated around the 2 year mark.

user2sKDEWjyXW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So i have read and tried everything mentioned in this forum about fixing my s7  excessive battery drain.

The only thing that worked for me was a the factory reset, and it worked out great.

Battery life is back to normal plus some

userUHgXzMbDWq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What happens with the factory reset, does it delete the recent updates, will the new updates give the battery the same issues after a factory reset and updates.

What happens to your contents with a factory reset, will I lose all apps etc. I have phone contents already backed up.

I'm having to charge my phone 3 times a day since the update

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUHgXzMbDWq

A factory reset puts the device back to a status similar to what it was when first pulled from the box. While the OS might still be updated, nothing else really will be and apps and personal data will be gone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYaNuttDhUj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recent S7 no edge update to android 7 has caused massive battery drain. One hint I found was that the update seemed to happen without my approval which has never happened before. I also observed it goign to google now launcher instead of samsung touchwiz home, when i reverted it, the battery drain problem was exacerbated. Phone and hence battery are exactly 2 years old, so is it now time to replace it? Or is it the latest OS update? Any thoughts appreciated, like not using Touchwiz home if there is a known issue please just tell people.

userCMo2kLdPrJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems to be a Samsung update issue. I remember a while back i had a similar issue where one of the updates caused my Batt to drain at an excessive amount with absoulutely no usage, and i am getting the exact same thing now. I have gone into the settings turned off everything. and i am on my third charge of the day. phone is only just over a year old so should not be the handset, and 2 weeks ago i could watch 3-4 45min episodes on netflix without charging once in a day with normal usage on top and now i cannot leave my phone idol over night with 40% charge!

userYaNuttDhUj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung support Canada suggested reboot safe mode hold volume down during boot up. Bad 3rd party apps will be greyed out. Observe for 2-3 hrs. Will report back.

userA0YsP5nhYT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Looks like Samsung is trying to fix this, I received another update, but I have not seen a major improvement, certainly very disappointing
Lowrider
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cleared my cache which helped some.  However it still drains the battery like crazy.  This needs to get fixed.  

Lowrider
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did a system reset yesterday, now it seems to be working fine.