cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy S7 Edge - How to turn off alarm clock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would just like to figure out how to turn my alarm off on my S7 Edge.  Regardless if I select or deselect a day for the alarm and hit save, it shows how long until the alarm is set to go off. I use my phone alarm exclusiveley and get up at 0430. Do not want alarm going off on my days off.  EXAMPLE:  Monday morning, alarm goes off, I stop alarm.  I get up.  I go in to that alarm, deselect Monday, then select Tuesday, hit save.....it then says alarm set for 23 hours and 45minutes from now (which is the time the next morning I want to get up...so now its a good thing).  Tuesday morning the alarm goes off, I stop alarm.  I get up.  I go into that alarm, deselect Tuesday, and hit save) cuz I'm off Wednesday and no alarm is needed).   I then hit save, mind you there are no days for the alarm selected to go off.  I get the message the alarm is set for 23hours and 45 minutes (even though there is no day selected). 

It would seem that there needs to be a little on/off slide switch...but there is not.  Anyone?????

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcgrube623
Asteroid

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge - How to turn off alarm clock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The "clock" icon being green/grayed out is the equivalent of the on/off toggle in the Google app, so yes, this works.

32 REPLIES 32
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is your Alarm set right now? Do you have one Alarm setup for certain days  of the week? Or you have several alarms set, one for each day of the week? 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have one alarm and just select the next day each day when I get up.  I have an odd schedule where I work 2, off 2, work 3, off 2, blah....and it changes.  I'm looking to simply keep my current alarm configuration (sound, time, etc...) and only change the day as needed.  I would have thought that if I had all the days "deselected" it would be off, but its not.  Yes, I can set it for 3 days out, but I would rather turn off the alarm and turn it on the night before I need it to save battery.

HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

IN both scenarios, the alarm will go off Friday morning at 0435.  Note one has "F" selected, the other does not.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

May I suggest a different way?

Create 7 alarms, one for each day. Turn on the alarm that you want and turn all others off. 

Also having several alarms doesn't impact battery life. 

Highlighted
HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The only problem is you can't turn them off. In your suggestion an alarm would go off every day.....even my days off.
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you save an alarm for each day of the week, you do not see something like attached screenshot? 

HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, but it will still go off even if a day is not selected.....it will read the time and go off. I've experemented (a little). There simply needs to be an "On/off" switch for alarms. I appreciate your help though.....I think it's something they should consider for a future update.

HateMoto
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mods.....nada???

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@HateMoto you have a different issue if the alarm that you set for Sundays 6am goes off any other day than every Sundays 6am.