cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skippecp
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 Edge Message+ says sending even after message has sent

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not sure if there was an update recently but starting about a week ago, I noticed that when I send messages in Message+ it will say 'sending', the recipient will respond to me, and it still says 'sending'. Other people I am in contact with are saying that my phone is now sending duplicate messages as well. I met somebody yesterday to work on a project. They messaged me again this morning asking where I was. My phone had sent the same messages from yesterday asking him to meet me at 10:30am. Another issue that has arose at the same time as this issue is with the BadgeProvider. Again, just starting a week ago, when I get a notification, I receive badges as well. When I view the content and come back to the home screen, the badge notifications are still there. If somebody out there could please give me a solution or something substantial to work with, I would be so grateful. The phone is up to date, I have already restarted my phone, cleared out messages, cleared the cache of the BadgeProvider, etc., etc... Both issues still exist. Messages that are clearly being received, and people are responding back to, still say 'sending'. Sometimes duplicate messages. They will get the messages in the correct order, still says sending on my end, then they will get them all again on their end one after another all at once. The badges will not go away. Thank you, any help is appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Message+ says sending even after message has sent

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try these three steps out first. 

1. Boot your device in safe mode to know if third-party apps have something to do with the problem. In so doing, all third-party apps and services will be temporarily disabled and this immediately isolates the problem.
  2. If the device is frozen and won’t respond, try to do the Forced reboot or soft reset procedure, which will perform the simulated battery disconnect.
  3. It is also advisable that you delete all the system caches so that they’ll be replaced with new ones as they often get corrupted especially during firmware updates. To do so, you just have to boot your phone in Recovery mode and wipe the cache partition.

If you are still experiencing the issue after let me know. If you can't test it with someone let me know and I will provide you my test number for you to try it with.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try these three steps out first. 

1. Boot your device in safe mode to know if third-party apps have something to do with the problem. In so doing, all third-party apps and services will be temporarily disabled and this immediately isolates the problem.
  2. If the device is frozen and won’t respond, try to do the Forced reboot or soft reset procedure, which will perform the simulated battery disconnect.
  3. It is also advisable that you delete all the system caches so that they’ll be replaced with new ones as they often get corrupted especially during firmware updates. To do so, you just have to boot your phone in Recovery mode and wipe the cache partition.

If you are still experiencing the issue after let me know. If you can't test it with someone let me know and I will provide you my test number for you to try it with.

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
skippecp
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok thank you, I currently am waiting for some emails to give me badges and then try these methods out. I had manually cleared the BadgeProvider cache so now I wait. I will accept as solution after I try these steps. Thank you!

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@skippecp,

No problem buddy. Thanks for the Accepted as Solution. I love stars too, feel free to hit "THIS HELPED ME" at the bottom of my steps. 

Take care,

Acrillix

Samsung Community Elite Member

userMdy9qmj0wo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and tried all your suggestions and I'm still having the same issue. It's driving me crazy. Any other suggestions ?