cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4c4PLYdWMI
Constellation

Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T) Software Update Error

I have the Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T) and am currently on baseband version G935TUVU4CRF1

and I have been trying to install the;

'Version: G935TUVU4CRI2/G935TTMB4CRI2/G935TUVU4CRI2

Size: 349.92 MB

Security Patch Level: August 1, 2018'

I have no problem downloading the update, the issue comes in when I start the installation.

It'll be fine for a few minutes and then will give me a blue screen saying "Error!" 

This has been going on for a very long time now (almost every other week I try and update) and I have factory reset my phone multiple times to eliminate any user error issues.

Of course I send error reports after the system prompts me too, but nothing comes of it obviously.

And Samsung does not host SM-G935T's software updates but does the SM-G935F's, which from my research is the international version so I'm not sure if the software would be compatabile.

I'm extremely sick of this and need help figuring out why this is happening.

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T) Software Update Error

Repairs or speaking with your carrier would be my only recommendations in order to have someone force push the update to the phone. With it being a Galaxy S7 Edge though, it is likely out of warranty and you would be responsible for any associated costs for them doing so. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Honored Contributor

@user4c4PLYdWMI wrote:

I have the Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935T) and am currently on baseband version G935TUVU4CRF1

and I have been trying to install the;

'Version: G935TUVU4CRI2/G935TTMB4CRI2/G935TUVU4CRI2

Size: 349.92 MB

Security Patch Level: August 1, 2018'

I have no problem downloading the update, the issue comes in when I start the installation.

It'll be fine for a few minutes and then will give me a blue screen saying "Error!" 

This has been going on for a very long time now (almost every other week I try and update) and I have factory reset my phone multiple times to eliminate any user error issues.

Of course I send error reports after the system prompts me too, but nothing comes of it obviously.

And Samsung does not host SM-G935T's software updates but does the SM-G935F's, which from my research is the international version so I'm not sure if the software would be compatabile.

I'm extremely sick of this and need help figuring out why this is happening.

It seems that you have T-Mobile branded phone.  Do you use it on T-Mobile as well?

FYI - The server has this as the latest software version: G935TUVSACSG1 

user4c4PLYdWMI
Constellation

@Charkatak 

Yes it was bought for and used on T-Mobile's network.

@SamsungCole 

Would that apply even if it ended up being a non user error?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yes, you would be responsible for the cost of repairs if the device is out of warranty even if it's not a user error. Samsung devices have a 1-year warranty.

Honored Contributor

@user4c4PLYdWMI wrote:

@Charkatak 

Yes it was bought for and used on T-Mobile's network.

@SamsungCole 

Would that apply even if it ended up being a non user error?

@user4c4PLYdWMI 

When you factory reset your device, in the welcome screen setup process, do you restore your data from backup?

user4c4PLYdWMI
Constellation

@Charkatak - No, I made sure to not restore from any backups as I thought that might have been an issue. 

After wiping, not restoring from backup, the first thing when I was able too was to try and update it. 

Would not finish installation just like before wiping.  So basically wiped for no reason lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@user4c4PLYdWMI wrote:

@Charkatak - No, I made sure to not restore from any backups as I thought that might have been an issue. 

After wiping, not restoring from backup, the first thing when I was able too was to try and update it. 

Would not finish installation just like before wiping.  So basically wiped for no reason lol

What you did make sense.  Would you want to give a shot to Smart Switch PC app?  It installs full firmware, where as OTA updates only apply the small porting on top of what is installed.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch