Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
YungTCGoat
Asteroid

Galaxy S7 Edge Transferring Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I had a SGS7 edge since day one I recently broke it and the lid so the screen doesn't work. I just ended up buying another edge instead of having someone repair it for 400. But is there a way to use smart switch or bypass it because I need to click a button on the original phone to say to transfer or is there another way? Thanks you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge Transferring Contacts

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Setting up the new phone you should get options to restore the phone from backups. Problem is Contacts are not backed up normally.
Basically if you saved your contacts to the phone storage, you have 2 backup options : Samsung Cloud (if you had it on your phone) or Smartswitch.
You many have saved your contacts to Google or Samsung account. In that case by logging into the new phone, you will see those contacts.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

4 REPLIES 4
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If Smart Switch is asking you to unlock the broken screen phone then there is no way. Unless you can login to findmyphone site and unlock the phone from there.

YungTCGoat
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there another way to get the contacts I'm pretty sure I backed my phone up were can I find the backups?

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Setting up the new phone you should get options to restore the phone from backups. Problem is Contacts are not backed up normally.
Basically if you saved your contacts to the phone storage, you have 2 backup options : Samsung Cloud (if you had it on your phone) or Smartswitch.
You many have saved your contacts to Google or Samsung account. In that case by logging into the new phone, you will see those contacts.

usere3bJRn5dIs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you want to extract contacts from Galaxy S7 Edge with broken screen, you can try broken samsung data recovery tool. With its help, you can easily access contacts on Galaxy S7 Edge and extract them out.