JUMP TO SOLUTION

PM on the way.

Highlighted
userzhopSBFbUT
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsungcourt,

Last night I discovered that my S7 Edge started to separate. I immediately contacted Samsung support and did get issued a ticket ID. I purchased my phone outright for a heck of a lot of money. Its a few months passed the warranty, but there is no doubt that this IS a manufacturing defect. Samsung should be responsible for correcting this issue. Is the anything you can tell on how to handle this situation?! Thanks!!

usersQotqxSi9z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is also having the same problem where battery is swollen. It is out of warranty by few months & Samsung support team is asking me to replace the battery which will be costing me money. I am pretty sure this is a scam where most of us are having issues with battery after the warranty period. We do purchase the high end mobile so that  we do not have such issues with the phone & this is a life threatening issue. I really feel it is better to switch to IPhones which are in the same price range & have reportedly no such issues.

userapasqj8ZdZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up having the battery replaced (again). We've yet to have any issues with our S8's so hopefully this problem stopped with the S7 series? We'll start replacing them as we can. 

userapasqj8ZdZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up having the battery replaced (again). We've yet to have any issues with our S8's so hopefully this problem stopped with the S7 series? We'll start replacing them as we can. 

userxJ5Zh3dqD4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s7 edge is doing the same and I just got off the phone with Samsung support and I received the same info and that is to send it in for repair for $70 dollars since it is out of warranty. This is complete BS since this is a known issue that is a safety concern. Enlight of this support from Samsung and the fact that it is not safe and they are not willing to recognize it and address it for their companies, then this will be my LAST Samsung for myself and the rest of my family (7 lines). We pay a considerable amount of money for these phones and expect quality and safety with good customer support and so far we are not receiving any of this. It is too bad that Samsung is not willing to work with us on this important issue. I will have no problem telling everyone else who are Samsung user about this issue and reccomend that they discontinue using Samsung products. 

Samsung should be ashamed of this type of support and quality of product.

user17B2hWUGbJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add one more unhappy customer. My S7 Edge got the same issue and called in they are charging $70 in order to fix it. I'm a Samsung fans. I uses Samsung since S4 and all my appliances are Samsung. But this time really disappointed. I hope this issue got explode to the news and Samsung willing to recall and cover the fixes.

CookiePuss
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to my S7 Edge as well. An 18 month old phone in pristine condition seperated on the left hand side. I contacted Samsung and they wanted me to send it in. Since it's out of warranty I would've had to pay like 60 bucks. I wasn't happy about that but had no choice. Once the phone got there they told me it would cost over $250 because they have to replace the "LCD kit"!

The screen worked perfectly fine--the phone itself worked perfectly fine except for the giant gap in it. I wasn't paying that kind of money for a defect that was not my fault. They sent the phone back to me and it was sealed again--I thought they fixed it. Turns out they just removed the battery and sent it back. Now I have a completely non working phone.

Needless to say I'm absolutely furious at the way Samsung handled this. Spend over 800 bucks for a phone directly from Samsung and this is the service they offer. Pathetic.

userJYfxB87ajp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue today! Woke up and found the back cover was splitting due to swelling of the battery. I called support and they charged me $70 to have the battery replaced. After finding this thread of similar issues occurring, I'm disappointed that Samsung isn't recognizing this issue and providing a free replacement even being out of warranty. My s7 edge is only 15 months old, rarely ever had an issue with the phone getting hot so I don't understand how this could suddenly happen.
userOivRSMPmK3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue with my phone. About 10 months after I bought it I started seeing this issue. I contacted Samsung. They told me it was MY FAULT because they sold me a phone with a defective battery. The phone now is 3 times as worse. It's pushed the casing off one side and starting to separate at the top and bottom now too. Can we do anything about this? I paid almost $900 for my phone and I expected it to last a lot longer than just 10 months.