cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same problem with my s7 edge. I noticed it last week (phone is in a case  so it could have been happening longer). I've had it for 18 months with no issues before.

Is it covered anywhere? I don't want to pay $150 to insurance for something that I didn't cause

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, I was told there was nothing that could be done. You have to pay to get it repaired, even though this is clearly a defect that's effecting hundreds of people. It seems Samsung can't dodge these battery issues, and it's time to move on to another manufacturer.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed my phone coming apart and i didnt know what it was then i heard a hissing sound and my phone got really hot!! Burnt my darn fingers! I dont want to sue i just want a new phone!! 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Morning. I hate to hear you are having this issue. Please see some troubleshooting steps below that should address your issue. 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i made my suggestions
good luck

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Cosmicunlock I am sending you a private message

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, now I find that my S7 is doing the same thing.  Gets hot and the case is separating.

Called customer care and they act like they never heard of such a thing.  I call.  They would not give me a price to replace the battery.  Samsung should take a page out of Apple's book about how to treat customers who buy an expensive flagship phone that has an obvious defect in the parts they sourced.  They should have a program to replace these batteries for free or a minimal cost. 

VERY disappointing Samsung! 

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Theoldjam wrote:

I'm having this same problem with my s7 edge. I noticed it last week (phone is in a case  so it could have been happening longer). I've had it for 18 months with no issues before.

Is it covered anywhere? I don't want to pay $150 to insurance for something that I didn't cause

insurance is for causes of itself and of accident. its suppose to be that way. and my suggestion is unload it while you can as long as it turns on and tap foul tradeup or tradein and be happy instead of repairs.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same problem. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge battery is swelling and has forced that back of the phone to open. Though it is clearly a defect with the product that many users are reporting, because the phone is over 1 year old I am told it is out of manufacturer's warranty and Samsung will not replace/repair the device. How can such an expensive device have what appears to be such a high defect rate with it's battery after just 1 and 1/2 year of use? I had considered Samsung products to be of high quality, but this experience has changed that.  Manufacturers of quality products stand behind their devices in the event of this kind of issue. Now without a phone... incredibly dissapointed and angry.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @PabloCoba  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this but I would like to be of assistance. The safety of our customers is our number one priority so if the device is becoming too warm for you to handle or the back is coming off, I do recommend that you discontinue using it immediately. I will be reaching out to you through Private Messages if you could take a look when you have a chance, I would greatly appreciate it.