cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgang50
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This concludes my case and the community may benefit from my experience. I am on the hook to fix my problem, be it replacing the swollen battery or anything else that might be causing the the back glass to separate.

The typical cost in my area, that is Fairfax, Virginia, is $79.99 for parts and labor for replacing the battery. The service provider offers 90 warranty for parts and labor. It would take them 1.5 to 2 hours to replace the battery.

Now I have to check out eBay, Amazon for battery and associated supplies and Youtube for DIY fix-it instructions. I am guessing for a handy person it would cost well under $20 and time and patience but also build confidence to do it again the next time. This battery business is not a one time fix and I would like to keep my phone a bit longer.

rgang50
userOivRSMPmK3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

rgang50 and everyone else... would you be interested in joining a Class Action Lawsuit against Samsung? I for one never received the paperwork for arbitrary when I bought my Samsung S7 Edge. I imagine since I didn't receive it you may have not either which means you can sue in court. This product is as defective as the Note 7 but the only difference is, is that the media isn't covering it yet. I can't believe Samsung would sell defective products and then make us pay to fix their mistakes. Not cool. If interested in joining the suit please send me your info at <hidden>

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unhelpful customer service leaves a bad taste in the mouth and lawyers are not going to be particularly helpful in this case. Besides, in a class action the victim sees less than a penny on the dollar. The bulk of the award goes to the attorneys and court costs. I am sure you already knew that.

rgang50
useryLGQu5rIZC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is having the same issue.

I think there will be many more S7's with the same issue and Samsung are trying to discreetly trying to repair them.

This should not go without penalty.

We should form a facebook group or pother site to come together and present Samsung with a case.

Thank you

Delfrogo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone just started swelling up and it is 100% out.

I was charging it in the kitchen, I was outside and came back like 1 hour later to the horrific smell of toxic metal, made my tongue tingle a bit. I was afraid something was burning in my house like an appliance, nope it was my phone!!!

I picked it up to unplug and it burned my hand, it was that hot. 

I've never had an issue with all my past phones. This is crazy. I'm too surprised this is not a class action suit yet.

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userwAxRF0WDZU: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the model number and IMEI number of your device.