cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking in with you. Do you still need help with this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8IZd5TdYC4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also am having this problem, which seems unsafe and not on par with the quality samsung is trying to maintain after the note debacle. I sincerely hope i will be able to get a satisfactory resolution, as i manage 6 phone lines, all with samsung devices and switching to LG or pixls will be an expensive process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Morning. I hate to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your phone. Can you provide me with some additional information about your issue in a private message? (For example: how long has this issue been occurring?)

Here is the PM link: PM Link

user17B2hWUGbJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent my S7 Edge to Samsung last week because the battery swelling and pushing the back cover off. Today Samsung sent me an email said they need to repair the LCD and PBA and the cost is $648.  My LCD is prefectly fine and my phone still in a working condition before I send in my phone. This is ridiculous!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, so if you have already tried the different steps listed here and it's still not working properly for you, then repairs are recommended. You can message us here with the below information and we'd be happy to look into repair options for you: http://bit.ly/2Hy7fsE

Full Name:

Street address:

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Place of Purchase:

Model Code:

Serial Number:

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Moderator: I do not understand why this thread has been marked as solved!

My first S7E (SM-G935V) which replaced my Note 7 had the battery swelling issue and with great difficulty, I had Verizon Wireless replace it with another S7E (SM-G935V, s/n R38HxxxxxEV) while it was under 1 year warranty. This replacement and my current S7E is now showing the same symptoms of the back plate separating.

My conclusion is phone and battery (S7E) have a recurring problem. The only option is to remove the back plate and replace the battery. And to do this every time this symptom is observed.

This qualifies the S7E as a defective product. Samsung has not solved this problem and the "flag" solved should be removed from this thread.

I look forward to your post and opinion.

rgang50
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For this, we do recommend having a service tech taking a look at the device.

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Moderator:

I followed your advice and took my phone (S7E) to the local Verizon Wireless Corporate store in Fairfax Virginia. After examining the phone for back plate separation and my account, I was informed:

1. My original S7E's (which replaced my Note 7) warranty of one year expired in October 2017.

2. The replacement S7E which I received in September 2017 (to replace the first S7E for swollen battery) did not and does not extend my original one year manufacturer's warranty.

3. My options are:

a) take up my problem with Samsung,

b) pay off the balance due on this phone and get a new phone.

There was no mention of repairing or replacing the battery.

Pretty amazing I should say.

If you look into my account profile with Samsung you will find I was a big fan of the Note 7 and am now waiting to see what Samsung has to offer with Note 9.

Until then I am on my own in no-mans land with this S7E.

As always your suggestions to assist me are welcome.

rgang50
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get you to send your full model code and IMEI via private message

rgang50
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Moderator:

As requested I have sent you the details of my S7E via the link you have provided.

Look forward to your post and suggestions. I think the community will benefit from this discussion.

rgang50