cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Giant

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @userGKPo4z46a8 I'm sorry to hear of your experience but I'd like to help. Would you mind sending me a Private Message with more info and any ticket numbers you may have?

userwCk3Rehc0S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Already got a ticket on it, but thanks, i will let you know, i love that phone its got everything i can ask for, i regret that i ordeerd my G3 Frontier yesterday...it feels like i will be regreting that too...

userwCk3Rehc0S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do i reach you in private ?

usergxX80xbd8X
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 is becoming extremely hot and will not hold a charge for longer than a few minutes unless it is plugged in. I am so concerned about how hot it is getting that I'm going to have to stop using it.

userlJVDwU34RZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Likewise I have just noticed that my 1yr 2month old s7 edge's back is separating just like others reported on this list.  The phone is otherwise in pristine condition and I do notice that it is hot after charging.  I have contactedd T-mobile and since it is 2 months out of warrantee, the say I am on my own.  I also love this phone, and all the galaxy s predecessors I have owned.  What can samsung do about this?

userE1UJF7KUUt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The exact same issue has occurred with my s7. I believe there is a major defect with this phone and now I am starting to believe that Samsung's repair center is a scam as well. This is has been a very alarming experience and I may have to rethink buying any other Samsung products in the future (which is unfortunate as I have been loyal to Samsung for the past 7 years).

This is my second s7, I bought my first s7 the week it was released. Around a year after purchasing my first s7 the charging port in the phone literally blew (actual burn marks were visible in the inside of the port). At that time, Verizon told me the easiest way to get this solved was to go through the insurance and pay the deductible of $199. Now another year later with the second s7 purchased through insurance, the battery has started to swell, causing the back of the phone to separate and the charging port no longing works. I called Samsung, they opened a ticket and I sent it in for repairs. Now 2.5 weeks later I still do not have a phone and I get the run around whenever I call 1800-Samsung...I am starting to think this entire phone and Samsung repair process is a scam.

Will I get back my phone?

Will there be another battery issue in the next few months?

Who is going to reimburse me for the all the money I have spent purchasing this phone?

Is this a SCAM???!?!

userFLNkBtDuLX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They promised 10 days on my repair so I hope it is not longer than that !!

userUphBsuNSS9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my S7 edge has same problem and I contacted tmobile. They were sending a replacement but when they saw the gap they gave me a hassle and told me to go through insurance, which I did. But i had to pay the deductible $175. I take care of my phone and it was never dropped or damaged in any way. But I had to pay $175?? Not fair, is it?

mikec1116
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem with my AT&T S7 Edge.  Battery is not holding a charge longer than a few hours, and case is separating on the back on the volume button side.  Called Samsung and they informed me the device is out of warranty.  I asked how they could deny warranty service on something that is clearly a recurring issue like this.  They asked me to send in the device for evaluation or take to a local authorized repair center, however they have a 2 week backup for repairs.  Very poor experience considering the track record.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @usertMNn2063Tk. I understand how this can be upsetting but I would like to look into this with you. Would you mind sending me any transaction or ticket numbers you may have from previously speaking with Support in a Private Message?