cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgang50
Cosmic Ray

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am surprised by your experience. All wireless vendors honor the 1 year warranty and will replace the phone for swollen battery. Did you take the phone to your place of purchase have it looked at for proper assessment by qualified technician. This extra effort on your part will go a long way in helping you get a replacement.

It worked for me on my original phone. I did receive a replacement but the replacement also had the same problem. This time the purchase date was over a year old so no warranty in effect. I did not have the extended protection coverage so had to learn to fix it myself.

I have come to terms with the fact that we are pushing the boudaries of technology with these smart phones and batteries are a weak link so I have think hard spending for additional warrant coverage on my next phone, irrespective of the brand and manufacturer. Have to read the fine print as I am sure they will try to dodge ponying up on claims.

rgang50
userD0cGky7D7h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exact same thing happened to me, the whole back case came off and there is a noticeable bulge on the edge of the battery. I thought about bringing it in but considering the chances of having to pay something and struggling to pay my rent I've just been keeping an eye on it.

But again, its definitely a battery issue and these phones came out around the time the "exploding note" did. Will Samsung be responsible for the cost of replacement or repair? If so, sign me up please; been dealing with this for a while. Happened a couple months ago right before a big move so it wasnt on my priority list. First the phone would get so hot it would burn my hand after extended use, however this shouldn't be an issues for a device that cost over 500$. Then the back panel started to separate from the heat reactivating the glue/ seal and eventually the back panel came completely off. The back is exposed and again. You can clearly see the faulty part of the battery. Please help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userD0cGky7D7h I would like to take a look at this for you, can you shoot me a private message? http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

user4PE9R9nBxX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My son's phone is also swelling and getting hot. I don't know how to pm or post pictures.  What are we supposed to do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user4PE9R9nBxX Sorry to hear this. Let me take a look into this for you. Can you shoot me a private message with the following information?

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:

IMEI Number:

userxPuOHbAk1e
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 swelled up and the rear case if off. Why is this happening?

Miami Son
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just discovered this same issue on my S7Active last week. AT$T will do nothing because I don't have insurance. Why would I need insurance to cover what is an obvious manufacturer defect? I have already gone thorugh this BS with the Note 7 I bought for m girlfriend, and had the shattered camera glass replaced under warranty. Never had such issues with 4 previous Galaxy phones, but since they went to non-removable batteries it appears these issues are now rampant. Guess I have to get someone from Samsung on the phone, but I am not paying to replace or fix this defective phone and if they won't then I am not going to continue paying AT$T for it, either. I will cancel all my AT$T services (DirecTV, internet and 2 wireless accounts) and go with other companies. Been an AT$T wireless customer since 1998 and always gotten great service until I upgraded phones in 2016. Been nothing but trouble ever since.

userh4dOCHwDO6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi I have a s7 edge About 1.5 years old and i noticed the phone was getting warm to touch and that my back had opened I went to the local Samsung Service Centre and they did I'd have to replace the battery Being a flagship which cost me about 600$ This is unacceptable Please help  Thanks 
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate to hear that you are having trouble with your s7. You stated that it gets warm.

• Have you received any physical injury or burning from the warmth of the phone?
  • Has there been any liquid coming out of the phone (charger port)?
  • How long has this been an issue? You stated your local Samsung service center advised you that you would need a new battery. If you have had your phone for over 1 year, the manufacturer warranty would no longer be active. Did you purchase an extended warranty through your retailer? If so, try giving them a call to so if they could cover the battery. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you still need assistance with your s7?