cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy S7 Edge battery swelling and getting hot

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i have the same issue on my wifes s7 the back is separate and gets super hot and power off after a few minutes where can i get ot fix
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermzRJVjK5Uq I've reached out to you in  Private Message so if you could look at it when you get a chance, I would appreciate it. 

@expert That may be other users's suggestions but such methods as sticking your device in the freezer to cool it off are definitely not Samsung approved, which is why you haven't seen a moderator post links or suggest that themselves. 

If you are experiencing this, you need to stop using your device immediately and reach out to a moderator or another Samsung support line for immediate assistance in getting your device evaluated.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung Galaxy S7 for 13 months. Since I got it, there have been times when the phone was very hot. But it worked fine, and I did not know enough to contact Samsung about the phone being hot while it was under warranty. I noticed yesterday that the front of the case was bulging out. I took it to a phone repair shop, and they said that it caused by a bulging battery. They will replace the battery tomorrow at a cost of $59.95 and hope that the case does not break. This seems to be a common problem with this phone. Samsung should be paying to replace the batteries in these phones.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just noticed my 2nd S7 is now splitting apart. I already had to pay for a replacement once, there's no way I'm paying again. I'm surprised I haven't heard of any class action lawsuits for phones splitting apart even if they don't explode.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm really sorry to hear about that experience, @sharpy36, if you would like to send me a PM so that I can get some more specifics about your device, I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is just over a yr and its doing the same thing. Since they are doing nothing if its out of warranty it will be the last Samsung phone I will ever by.

I have had over a dozen other phones and never had that problem.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm really sorry to hear about that, @userFZ8Lo6X0Gv, would you mind giving me some additional information about your device in a Private Message? I'd like to see what I can do for you today. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ok
Thank you
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me tonight.

, 02-03-2018...  The phone got extremely HOT and then the battery caused the phone to separate rapidily  and was so hot that it caused me to drop it.  I already backed up my contacts and the apps.  I had no case on it to cause it to get hot, but it got HOT like within 10 minutes and then like I said rapidly separated  about 1/2 inches apart cracking the screen  both front and back before it go too hot to handle and made me drop it.  What do we do now???

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @userOUDPdqc47Y & @Miami_Son I understand how this can be very upsetting but I'd like to help. Are you okay? The safety of our customers is our number one priority so given your report, I do recommend that you discontinue using it immediately. I'm going to reach out to you through Private Messages in just a moment. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience.